C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dyno tuning for supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno tuning for supercharger

I am picking up a 94 vette with a base vortech supercharger on a stock lt1 this weekend. When it was installed it was not dyno tuned. They just made sure the air/fuel ratio was correct. I would like to get it dyno tuned and checked out. I am looking for places to take it in the souteast. I am in the panhandle of florida. I currently know of thunder racing and futral motorsports over in Louisiana. Does anyone have good/bad personal experiance with an lt1 tuner in florida, louisiana, alabama, or georgia?

Also what type of gains should I expect from adding meth injection and dyno tuning?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
lisoundsvette
Pro

you might try greg @ blowerworks he might be able to flash your pcm with the files that he has.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

If you want a local place to tune it, you might want to purchase LT1edit and go to XXX Motorsports at 4916 West Fairfield. They have a dynojet and can at least run it with a wideband to see where you're at. John Weeks has a good reputation for tuning the LSx GM cars and I had talked to him about tuning my car when the time comes. I had his partner tune my Mustang when I had it. They're a good bunch of guys.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:22 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
If you want a local place to tune it, you might want to purchase LT1edit and go to XXX Motorsports at 4916 West Fairfield. They have a dynojet and can at least run it with a wideband to see where you're at. John Weeks has a good reputation for tuning the LSx GM cars and I had talked to him about tuning my car when the time comes. I had his partner tune my Mustang when I had it. They're a good bunch of guys.
When I called them about dyno tuning the lt1 they actually suggested I go to thunder racing.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Hmmm....Someone on the board earlier mentioned that Thunderracing does not tune LT1's anymore, but that may have just been the older cars that you had to burn chips for. There is also Running with the Devil in Mobile (RWTD). I've heard mixed reviews about them. Some folks love them and some don't. I have no experience first hand with them.

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno tuning for supercharger

Quick Reply: Dyno tuning for supercharger