C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Before & After Test with 3" exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 05:18 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Before & After Test with 3" exhaust. (Fastguy)

Well, I'll be running Hooker Super Comps with true 2 1/2 duals and Walker mufflers on my 383. I'm glad to hear that I won't be losing much power by staying with a medium sized exhaust. I might throw it on before I get the new motor in just to see what sort of difference it will make on a stock L98.
1"3/4 Long tube headers and free flow pipes felt funny on my stock L98(before I sent it to LPE, I had to have the headers installed..long story). A more efficient motor obviously can take advantage of BIGGER pipes. The stock motor didn't know what to do with all that extra flow. It'll help putting them in first though. Just stick them to the side when the rest of the goodies drop their way in. It'll be nice to see your car,and Scorps next year with MODS. More big hp L98's. This is good. :yesnod: :smash: :cool: :D
Old 11-19-2001, 05:26 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default Re: Before & After Test with 3" exhaust. (JD 90 383)

Well, my car isn't much to look at, base coupe,16" wheels, faded bumper, cracked right quarter, big chip in the center of the hood, worn interior, but it should go like bastard when its done.:) You only need to look pretty when you're slow.:)
Old 11-19-2001, 05:29 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Before & After Test with 3" exhaust. (Fastguy)

Well, my car isn't much to look at, base coupe,16" wheels, faded bumper, cracked right quarter, big chip in the center of the hood, worn interior, but it should go like bastard when its done.:) You only need to look pretty when you're slow.:)
that can change my friend! when i got mine, i didn't have enough for an lt-1..but swore i'd make it look like one. do as i did, get the motor/power first THEN go aesthetics(if it's important to you). nothing better than a complete sleeper ripping down the track, or embarassing the heck out of your opponent on the street...THINKING it's a stocker hehe. good luck.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:03 AM
samc
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Before & After Test with 3" exhaust. (Beach Bum)

Beach,
i went with 3" mandrel bent pipe, x pipe, and walker bullet mufflers in the tunnel. i have no resonance, but it is loud! i left room to put warlocks in back where the stock mufflers were. haven't made it to the track yet though. i was going to post the results when i did. it does feel faster, although i know it could actually be slower. the engine does seem to spool up faster though.

i should qualify the loud comment. at idle and cruising it sounds normal. but when you get on it, it definitely sounds like a hot rod. now i just need to get my wife to let me put headers and new mufflers on her suburban...

Quick Reply: Before & After Test with 3" exhaust.