C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Climate Control Erratic

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 02:53 PM
barrypaul
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Erratic

On my '89 vette, my climate controls sometimes starts blinking funny characters where the temp setting is displayed and sometimes all the light starting blinking in a funny way (A/C-Bi-level-Vent-Heater). It looks like a pretty random dispay of light flickering. This is intermittent happening about 50% of the time, either working or not once the key is turned.

I also have trouble with the heater/AC vent flap control where it intermittently sets itself on the heater side so only hot air blows.

These problems may be related. Has anyone else had this problem. Since it is not a hard failure - maybe there is something that could be fixed/looked at. ALso, how does the control set the heat/AC flap - does it actually measure temperature inside the vehicle and adjust the controls? Where is the temperature monitor?

thanks,

barrypaul
Old 11-21-2001, 02:56 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Climate Control Erratic (barrypaul)

I had the same problem and I took out the climate control unit and cleaned all the contacts. Also checked under the hood for all ground connections and tightened them. This seemed to have solved the problems. Sorry it was a while and I can't remember all the details. Good luck
Old 11-21-2001, 03:13 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Climate Control Erratic (barrypaul)

Pull the climate control unit and remove the PC board. Clean the contacts I even reflowed solder on the card edge and still have some problems. However I noticed that the card edge connector on the front panel was warped. I'm thinking of bracket to clamp over it to straighten it rather than try and locate a replacement connector.

Fix the display/control center first and then work on the other issue if it still exists.

Get notified of new replies

To Climate Control Erratic

Quick Reply: Climate Control Erratic