C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Weatherstrip Install

Old 10-29-2009, 12:11 AM
jimg's'93
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to see how the kit from Lone Star Car Parts turned out. That's a helluva price.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 AM
frenchyoliver
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did the full set 2 years ago.
Old Hardtop sides were the most difficult for me to clean.
I used pure acetone to clean and put a silicon grease to glue all of them with.
This way they dont move but are easy to take out if needed to be changed.
Beside, silicon grease "feeds" them for long and no leaks nowhere.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
FostersPerformance
Melting Slicks

Received 685 Likes on 477 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Almost done with my 88 coupe. No glue, not needed. Plus not having glue allows the weatherstrip to move and slide a little during install and use.

I am having a beeotch of a time with the windshield top retainer. My buddy glass beaded and painted it, and it must be flattened out a little, because the weather strip just dosent want to stay down, right in the middle. Im currently looking for a new retainer, but no one lists it. I posted a WTB ad on here seeing if someone has one. I replaced every other retainer, and all the strips fit perfectly. Ill get pics up when im done.

BTW, the targa is a major **** to adjust. My car has been a ground up project for 11 years now. Im quickly finding out, that even though I tagged and bagged EVERY part to the car, the shims are usually wrong. I don't think one things went back to original. I reshimmed and adjusted, and things seem way better than factory....Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weatherstrip Install