C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help !! Can't remove multifunction switch from column

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Ernest
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Help !! Can't remove multifunction switch from column

'92 needs the multi switch. Picked it up from Ecklers. Service manual on pg.3F5B-9 says after removing stated parts I can take Cover Asm.Lock Housing off so as I can change switch. Removed items and its not moving. It did not say to remove lock cylinder so I didn't. Is this what is holding it in ? Did I miss something. If they had designed it so the actuator pin would slide out I wouldn't even have to move it.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 PM
The Green Hornet
Melting Slicks

Location: Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer. Wisconsin
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

The multi. function switch is held in by a steel pin, I believe you have to push it out from the bottom. I replaced mine about a year ago, not a fun job I might add.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Ernest
Racer

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the response. I knew it was held in wiyh a pin. I just didnt know how to get it out. i took out the ignition and she came out. Now I just have to figure how that little piece goes in for the high beam lights. It's that little piece o f black plastic about a inch long. The service manual does not explain it in detail.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
The Green Hornet
Melting Slicks

Location: Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer. Wisconsin
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

If I remember right, I put a dab of grease on that piece to kind of hold it in place during reassembly, hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Ernest
Racer

Default Thanks

What I really need is a pic. of that little piece of plastic that connects to high/low beams. The service manual is useless on that.

Get notified of new replies

To Help !! Can't remove multifunction switch from column

Quick Reply: Help !! Can't remove multifunction switch from column