C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Will LT1 accessory bracket fit on L98?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will LT1 accessory bracket fit on L98?

I am considering the installation of an electric waterpump on my L98. Since my water pump is belt driven I am getting frustrated trying to figure out a new accessory drive system. It has occured to me that the LTx engines did not have belt driven waterpumps, so naturally, I'm wondering if the brackets and accessories from an LT1 (say a 94 or 95 model) will bolt onto a L98 block. Anyone on here ever try it?? Are there better ways to eliminate the water pump pulley??
Old 07-25-2008, 01:15 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Strike3
I am considering the installation of an electric waterpump on my L98. Since my water pump is belt driven I am getting frustrated trying to figure out a new accessory drive system. It has occured to me that the LTx engines did not have belt driven waterpumps, so naturally, I'm wondering if the brackets and accessories from an LT1 (say a 94 or 95 model) will bolt onto a L98 block. Anyone on here ever try it?? Are there better ways to eliminate the water pump pulley??
The bracket should bolt on easily, but I beleive you will have to use the LTx hub and balancer as well so that the belt will be able to be positioned properly.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Sounds like good info.

Get notified of new replies

To Will LT1 accessory bracket fit on L98?

Quick Reply: Will LT1 accessory bracket fit on L98?