C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 C4 No Start Possible CCM Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
TopFuelVette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS/BCM issue

[QUOTE=Ricardo Moreno;1595603295]I'm having an issue with my 94 vette it started and turned off right away and would not crank anymore I have the same symptoms that you mentioned, My LCD will not turn on and my interior lights are not working we were able to start the car by bypassing under the dash but will not stay running for more than 5 seconds. How do you reset the vats. I would like to try that.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Also with those issues. I would really check into the unfortunate idea that the issue could very well be the BCM. I am bot certain but it should be entertained. I say this because your car does not display your LCD. Keep me posted.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Ricardo Moreno
3rd Gear

Thanks for replying.

I hear you, totally understand the frustration. I have had my share of disappointment in the past 5 days scrambling for information on the issue.
My 94 also has low miles 36000 and was blindsided by this issue, car has always been running perfect.

My friend's brother is a mechanic and the car has been at his shop for the past 5 days. He was ready to give up on it but after talking to someone that has a lot of experience on electrical told him that the vats system is controlled by the ccm and I mention to him that you had responded that the issue on your car was the bcm. He said that the guy had told him that the ccm and the bcm were together. It then made more sense that you had put in your response bcm/ccm. So we are currently looking for one. Hopefully the car will be fix as soon as we get one. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again
Old 09-22-2017, 01:30 PM
TopFuelVette
Cruising

Originally Posted by Ricardo Moreno
Thanks for replying.

I hear you, totally understand the frustration. I have had my share of disappointment in the past 5 days scrambling for information on the issue.
My 94 also has low miles 36000 and was blindsided by this issue, car has always been running perfect.

My friend's brother is a mechanic and the car has been at his shop for the past 5 days. He was ready to give up on it but after talking to someone that has a lot of experience on electrical told him that the vats system is controlled by the ccm and I mention to him that you had responded that the issue on your car was the bcm. He said that the guy had told him that the ccm and the bcm were together. It then made more sense that you had put in your response bcm/ccm. So we are currently looking for one. Hopefully the car will be fix as soon as we get one. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again
Hi Ricardo,

I am sorry to hear about your C4. I feel your pain. It took me quite some time to figure this issue out. You cars symptoms line up with what my car was doing. Your last resort is to make a resistor and bypass the VATS just to double check to see if that is or is not the issue. There are 15 resistor codes for C4's. My car is a #4 resistor and the used BCM/CCM I installed is a #14. I made a resistor to bypass the VATS in order to at least drive/move the car while I am getting my old BCM/CCM fixed. I placed a link to the BCM resistor codes just below this paragraph that you can reference.

/Users/josephwesley/Desktop/VATSResistanceTable.jpg

The BCM/CCM is located behind the stereo under the dash in a 94 C4. You have to remove the carpeted dash panel below the steering wheel, the carpet next to the drivers seat and a few pieces of center console trim to access the BCM/CCM. When all of that is removed you will see the BCM/CCM behind a black frame. You need to remove that frame. It's not a fun job..

I sent may broken BCM/CCM to Davies in Florida for repair. I have not gotten it back yet. I think it takes over two weeks.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by TopFuelVette; 09-22-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Ricardo Moreno
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TopFuelVette
Hi Ricardo,

I am sorry to hear about your C4. I feel your pain. It took me quite some time to figure this issue out. You cars symptoms line up with what my car was doing. Your last resort is to make a resistor and bypass the VATS just to double check to see if that is or is not the issue. There are 15 resistor codes for C4's. My car is a #4 resistor and the used BCM/CCM I installed is a #14. I made a resistor to bypass the VATS in order to at least drive/move the car while I am getting my old BCM/CCM fixed. I placed a link to the BCM resistor codes just below this paragraph that you can reference.

/Users/josephwesley/Desktop/VATSResistanceTable.jpg

The BCM/CCM is located behind the stereo under the dash in a 94 C4. You have to remove the carpeted dash panel below the steering wheel, the carpet next to the drivers seat and a few pieces of center console trim to access the BCM/CCM. When all of that is removed you will see the BCM/CCM behind a black frame. You need to remove that frame. It's not a fun job..

I sent may broken BCM/CCM to Davies in Florida for repair. I have not gotten it back yet. I think it takes over two weeks.

I hope this helps.
Hi, had the replacement bcm put in today and everything is back to normal except for the key not working due to the resistor. We can bypass it but I would prefer to have everything working properly. I see that you ended up with that same issue. I looked on eBay and they sell chevy resistor keys for 8 bucks so I'm going to try that. I thought that the original key would program into the new module but it sounds like it doesn't. Is that correct? I still need to find out what resistor # the new module takes.

Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: 92 C4 No Start Possible CCM Problem