C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'94 LT1 hard to start - help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cresus
Wow, CF never sends me updates for some reason that there were more posts.
OK I'll admit that I bumped this thread for a reason. Are you ready to accept my offer (through email) yet?

Scott
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
cresus
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I sniffed the vacuum line. I might have smelled something but not sure. I'm gonna try it again when I've just run the car as I tried it when it had been sitting for a while. I'm assuming based on the amount of fuel that it would have to be that it should be pretty noticeable. Also, any ideas on why this would be intermittent?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
cresus
Racer

Originally Posted by sperkins
OK I'll admit that I bumped this thread for a reason. Are you ready to accept my offer (through email) yet?

Scott
I thought your name was familiar. Still too low I think...especially since I just got some slick new door panels.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I thought your name was familiar. Still too low I think...especially since I just got some slick new door panels.
Awww man!

How about you keep the nice shiney panels when I pick it up?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Yeah, I sniffed the vacuum line. I might have smelled something but not sure.

I'm assuming based on the amount of fuel that it would have to be that it should be pretty noticeable.
Not after it evaporates why didn't you check it when you did the FP leakdown as instructed?

Also, any ideas on why this would be intermittent?
Just what do you mean here? It will only do it for a period of time after it has been shut down warm.
Go turn the key on and off and check the vacuum line. Be careful you might get sprayed.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:00 PM
cresus
Racer

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
Go turn the key on and off and check the vacuum line. Be careful you might get sprayed.
I did it when I did the FP leakdown but since it wasn't running there was no vacuum applied which is when the FPR is most likely to leak from what I've read.

The intermittent thing was meaning that sometimes it'll start right up when I've been driving it, other times it'll take a while to fire up. I haven't quite figured out what the pattern is for when it'll decide to act up.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

IT DOES NEED VACUUM nobody said it did the fuel pressure in the rail will pump fuel into the vacuum line I already explained that.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 AM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
IT DOES NEED VACUUM nobody said it did the fuel pressure in the rail will pump fuel into the vacuum line I already explained that.
AND THE REASON you would not need vacumm is because: if your diaphram is leaking the fuel pressure alone is enough to push fuel right through the LEAKY DIAPHRAM.

TEST:
If you have a ruptured FPR diaphram, You do not need V_____M to observe F__L in your V______M L__E..

Old 12-31-2008, 08:05 AM
cresus
Racer

Sorry, this was from another site that I saw the most likely time it will leak is when the vacuum is applied. I'll check it again today.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:50 AM
BluRay
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are not totally wrong. run the car for 5 minutes, shut it off and pull the hose.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 PM
cresus
Racer

OK. FPR was bad. Had fuel in the vacuum line. Replaced that and did another leak test. Pressure only dropped a little bit over the first 5 minutes or so (3-4psi). I was about to pull the injectors out and then decided I'd drive it instead of looking for more problems. I don't know how much drop in pressure is ok and when it indicates another problem.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

OK. FPR was bad. Had fuel in the vacuum line. Replaced that and did another leak test. Pressure only dropped a little bit over the first 5 minutes or so (3-4psi). I was about to pull the injectors out and then decided I'd drive it instead of looking for more problems. I don't know how much drop in pressure is ok and when it indicates another problem.

Thanks for the help.
A little pressure drop is normal. Drive it I bet it is fixed, for now.......

Quick Reply: '94 LT1 hard to start - help