C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Passive Keyless Entry question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 05:46 PM

Default Passive Keyless Entry question

I don't know what I did (except for following the instructions :bb), but my PKE works and I love it! Question, though, can it be programmed somehow to unlock both doors at the same time - instead of just driver's door? It's a real pain in the **** to manually unlock the passenger's door when someone's trying to open the door at the same time....grrrrrrrrr. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Passive Keyless Entry question (Mairi)

Put the key in the ignition, turn on, but donot start.
Hold down the door button (FOB) until the locks cycle. It may take a few shots, but you'll get it. :cheers:
Old 02-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Bartman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be wrong but I don't believe that the PKE will ever automatically unlock the pass side door without pressing the unlock button. :confused: My driver door unlocks when I walk up to the car and I have to use the button for pass.
Bart
Old 02-03-2002, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Passive Keyless Entry question (Bartman)

Thank you Lou and Bartman for your responses. :) The reason I thought it could be done is this dandy sticker I found in my owner's manual that states (pertaining to Passive Keyless Entry System), To switch between unlocking one or both doors: With key in the ignition, hold "DOOR" button for more than 2 seconds. So I'm thinking, "GREAT!" It took me long enough to get the driver's door programmed (don't laugh) - so I didn't want to end up screwing up the driver's door for naught if this isn't what the sticker was referring to. I'm going out in a bit and trying it.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mairi,
I gave you bad info regarding the PKE. When you put the key in the ignition you donot turn the the key "on". Press the door button & the locks will cycle either to open the drivers door or both doors.
Sori about the "Bum scoop", hope it didn't cause you any problemsThank you Lou and Bartman for your responses. :) The reason I thought it could be done is this dandy sticker I found in my owner's manual that states (pertaining to Passive Keyless Entry System), To switch between unlocking one or both doors: With key in the ignition, hold "DOOR" button for more than 2 seconds. So I'm thinking, "GREAT!" It took me long enough to get the driver's door programmed (don't laugh) - so I didn't want to end up screwing up the driver's door for naught if this isn't what the sticker was referring to. I'm going out in a bit
Old 02-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Jack78
Safety Car

Default Re: Passive Keyless Entry question (lou sylvestri)

Mairi - you're doing better than I am..... I've gotten to where my PKE will LOCK the doors when I leave the car, but it won't open anything when I approach - nor does hitting the "door" button unlock the pass door.....I've reprogrammed the #$@^% thing several times per the owners manual, but no luck yet :(
Old 02-03-2002, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Passive Keyless Entry question (Jack78)

Ummmm........ I gave up on the passenger door unlocking automatically when the driver's door does, so don't feel so bad Jack. I decided I'm fortunate that the driver's side locks when I walk away and unlocks when I walk up... I'm not going to mess with a good thing. I got it programmed purely by accident to begin with (instructions in hand, still was scratching my head). Next time I have it up at my mechanic's (who's a 'vette owner himself) I'll have him give it a go.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:58 PM
dtw50
Intermediate

My '96 automatic will unlock both doors when I get within range. It's been that way since I bought it, so I'm not sure how to program it.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:34 PM
Admiral Fairway
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the procedure for getting the passenger door to unlock with the drivers door.
1. A valid transmitter must be in range.
2. The key is in the ignition and the ignition is OFF
3. The DOOR button on the remote is pushed for longer than 2 seconds.
When you do these things the doors will lock and then unlock (hold remotes door button until they lock and then unlock) to signal that the setting has been changed.
This is according to the '94 service manual.

Get notified of new replies

To Passive Keyless Entry question

Quick Reply: Passive Keyless Entry question