C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

"87 TPI vacuum diagrams wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 AM
wstrainiii
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "87 TPI vacuum diagrams wanted

I put car in dealer's shop to replace starter, ignition switch, and for tune-up. . They replaced starter, ignition switch, plugs, gas filter, and PCV valve. The car starts if you turn key to start and pump the accellerator pedal (never had to do this before) and idles pretty rough. Also, I need to get a new muffler replaced on drivers side. Any pics of diagrams would be greatly appreciated as I found a piece of vacuum line tube broken at a tee up close to the firewall next to the distributor.

Thanks for any help
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 AM
F18tinman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wstrainiii,

I have an 87 FSM. There is a basic vacuum routing diagram on the radiator. The FSM does not have one big detailed vacuum diagram but instead lists it according to the system involved. Can you post a picture? PM me and I will do what I can. The fitting I see near the firewall and distributor is for the HVAC (heater vent air conditioning) and runs to the rear passenger side of the plenum. Let me know what you need.

John
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 AM
floridamale
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok if I remember right the T connector at rear one line is for the A/C, one goes to the cruse control and the feed line runs off the passenger side of plenum. You can pick up the connectors for a couple bucks Auto Zone or Napa. If its the hard line you can always use soft vac line to splice it back together

Last edited by floridamale; 05-09-2009 at 07:20 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To "87 TPI vacuum diagrams wanted

Quick Reply: "87 TPI vacuum diagrams wanted