C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

c3 guy needs c4 help (the saga continues...)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 12:26 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default c3 guy needs c4 help (the saga continues...)

thanks bill for your response to my last post. i finished the brakes (mostly), the reason i asked about the brake bleeding was my brake handbook says for bosch 2s micro, your supposed to start with front right and my haynes book says start with rear right. went with haynes, that's the way i've bled every other brake system i've done.
next problem, i've confirmed the vacuum leak i hear is coming from the brake booster. i removed the vacuum line from the plenum to the booster and capped it and voila, no more vacuum noise. so brake booster is bad which a test drive after the brake job verifies. any one seen this happen? no signs of a master cylinder leak and the resivour was full (of black, icky stuff anyway). anyone had to change one of these? looks like a pain.
speaking of vacuum leaks, the car still runs really, really bad. i mean whoa, nelly, it's bad. instant fuel registers 3mpg under acceleration, if you can call what it does acceleration. i pulled a line off the cruise control and put a vacuum gauge on it and it's getting 16" of mercury, but i doesn't even run that good. BTW, bill, the pcv is hooked up, the line i was looking for is on the very top of the plenum between runners for #3 & 5 (well, now, i guess that's not right, they're the runners for #4 & 6, just on the drivers side). i checked the line for vacuum and it wasn't pulling anything so i capped it.
gonna go out and do the vacuum leak checks here in a bit but anyone else want to chime in, feel free.

Quick Reply: c3 guy needs c4 help (the saga continues...)