C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Power Door Lock Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Power Door Lock Conversion

The 84 parts car I just bought has power door locks and my 85 doesnt. The buttons on the switches were bad so I didnt think much about it until I saw OEM NOS switches on the 'Bay. Will the door harness on the '85 already have provisions for the PDL's or will I hafta pull out the harness in the '84 as well.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 233 Likes on 165 Posts

I think you are going to have to take off the panel and look. C4s without power locks are so rare, I would be surprised if anybody knows. I think it would be cool not to have the power options. I Just like having something different.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah I remember a post a while back on the PDL's or lack there of. Apparently the PDL's were the ONLY option the '84 had, you would like it for that. I dunno, with the new buttons and other cherry picked pieces my '85 will look much better. Most lettering and button heads in my '85 are badly deteriorated like it sat open to the rain for a while before being restored. Even the dash VIN plate is rusted.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Door Lock Conversion

Quick Reply: Power Door Lock Conversion