C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

CCV/PCV hose help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default CCV/PCV hose help

My ccv(pcv) molded hose from the manifold to the passenger valve cover is quite messed up. Fitting it goes in into the valve cover is causing the hose to be loose i think, plus its cracked at the end into the manifold. So, long story short dealer said they're discontinued, searched threads and guy posted saying same thing in 05 lol. So anybody have any ideas as to a replacement or if not anyone have one for sale? I know some people say to put a breather filter on the valve cover side but what about the manifold port? Thanks in advance all.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
CaminoSS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably can get the hose from some of the aftemarket suppliers like Ecklers. I do not know if on the LT1 the hose has a different size opening at each end like the L98 does, but I used a step down inbetween 2 hoses and did it that way. Works great.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
JM95
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacement of discontinued PVC hose

Bend 3/8's copper tubing (I used an old sink valve to facet -chrome) into a 180 degree 'U'. Bend around a bending jig ficture to keep from collapsing. Aviable from any toolsource. Now install with 1 inch sections of rubber hose with hose clamps. If 1st attempt is too long for space avilable, cut down until it fits.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Mark85Vett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
I know some people say to put a breather filter on the valve cover side but what about the manifold port? Thanks in advance all.
I wouldn't do that...these engines don't like unaccounted for air entering them. If you put a breather on without it getting the air from the TB (which first has to pass through the MAF), it will idle wacky, and generally run like crap.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:15 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark85Vett
I wouldn't do that...these engines don't like unaccounted for air entering them. If you put a breather on without it getting the air from the TB (which first has to pass through the MAF), it will idle wacky, and generally run like crap.
:agree:

The air that goes into the valve cover has gone through the MAF and is therefore accounted for in the AFR calculation. Putting on a breather valve creates a vacuum leak.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:59 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

My ccv(pcv) molded hose from the manifold to the passenger valve cover is quite messed up. Fitting it goes in into the valve cover is causing the hose to be loose i think, plus its cracked at the end into the manifold. So, long story short dealer said they're discontinued, searched threads and guy posted saying same thing in 05 lol. So anybody have any ideas as to a replacement or if not anyone have one for sale? I know some people say to put a breather filter on the valve cover side but what about the manifold port? Thanks in advance all.
Is yours 100% molded hose from connector to throttle body?

The grommet and the connector at the VC are both I'm quite sure still available (GM# 10240678 & 12550625). The pipe is NOT but I believe could be fabricated easily. I've never owned an LT1 (any year) and this subject was discussed recently. There's some good snapshots showing '92 and then the '93+ Corvette.

In the last post "JoeC" posted a snapshot of the correct GM# 10186200 tube. I would think a creative soul could "create" a very functional substitute. In '94 that tube and the connector (I mentioned) I believe were assembled as 1 part # and that's different from the 10186200.

The OP in that thread "stumbled upon" a HOSE (not correct) but would likely be a potential substitute for the later. Will it/would it? Perhaps you might like to find out.

GM# 10128365 is that part # and is available from several sources.

The thread is here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...body-part.html

If you decide to buy/try or fabricate a "fix" post back!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-14-2016 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:32 PM
beachfreak
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

quick question and slight hijack, but why do some LT1's seem to have the PCV valve attached to a U shaped hose and going right back in to the next fitting on the intake, whereas the Chiltons and many other photos/info out in cyberspace show a t shaped fitting with an additional hose running to the front and attaching under the throttle body?
Also, I can't seem to get the hose off to replace the PCV valve? Do I just need to pull harder on the dang hose?
Old 04-15-2016, 07:43 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by beachfreak

quick question and slight hijack, but why do some LT1's seem to have the PCV valve attached to a U shaped hose and going right back in to the next fitting on the intake, whereas the Chiltons and many other photos/info out in cyberspace show a t shaped fitting with an additional hose running to the front and attaching under the throttle body?
Also, I can't seem to get the hose off to replace the PCV valve? Do I just need to pull harder on the dang hose?
You need to NOT use the Chilton for reference and the Internet is --- "the Internet" - all true NOT. You need to get a year specific FSM for actual correct reference information and regardless of a whatever vehicle "year" generally matters. They ain't all the same!!

I would say you need a little more of a "tug" but I'm not there with hands on.

You seem to be doing quite well with the car - you've not been around much recently - enjoying the drive?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-15-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:52 PM
beachfreak
Instructor

Thanks WVZR-1. Yes, she is running well now. I am having the Trans checked out though, she has started to clunk under hard shifting, I thought I just had an oil leak but I am now wondering if the tranny was also leaking and I was missing the mix of fluids, because the trans seemed fine until just recently.
I wanted to change the PCV because it's so cheap, and theoretically easy LOL!
Old 04-16-2016, 10:44 AM
jph46
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I found a crack in the connector to the TB, used a id 1/2 inch piece of hose to connect the Pcv to the tb, so far works great. I did order the hose # 10128365, which is the part # for the Pcv hose but it is different. Believe this part # is for a Camaro. Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:46 PM
beachfreak
Instructor

Same here, but I think the OP's problem is the other end of the hose where it goes into the valve cover. And this is where clean air vents IN to the crankcase, the other side of the intake manifold has the actual PCV valve, seen in my previous photo in post #7.

Last edited by beachfreak; 04-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CCV/PCV hose help

Quick Reply: CCV/PCV hose help