C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED"

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 07:36 PM
BigTodd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED"

For months now I have been trying to figure out why my 1993 Vette had a vibration around 1100 rpm, and also during WOT. Well I found the problem today.

After changing out my fuel injectors, Harmonic Balancer, full tune up, Sea foamed the intake, and several other things it all boiled down to two little things. Two of the three bolts holding the torque Converter to the flywheel were loose.

This caused the Converter to shake at low rpm's and vibrate the car at WOT with a rythmic pattern. Of course this was the last thing I checked while isolating the vibration.

If you want to check this, remove the torque converter dust shield *** NOTE, you may have to remove the starter to get the shield off *** Look for red dust around the three bolts attaching the converter to the flywheel. That is evidence of being loose. Check the bolts with your box end wrench, they should be tight.

We went as far as marking the flywheel and torque converter, removing all three bolts and pushing the converter back away from the fly wheel, then started the engine. The vibration was gone. This will show you if the vibration is engine related or torque converter related.

Once we reattached the torque converter to the flywheel and made sure all bolts were tight. We started the engine again and "No Vibration". We cut out the top of the dust shield where goes over the starter with tin snips put it back on. Took it out for a drive and it runs GREAT.

If you have simular problems, you might want to check this first. Luckly I needed to change everything I had anyway. Yahoo, The 93 Run's right!!! :yesnod: :lol: :D :cheers:
Old 03-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Raysur
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED" (BigTodd)

If the bolts came out there would of been a big probem. Congrats on finding it.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:14 AM
khornet
Pro

Default Re: 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED" (BigTodd)

Sea foamed???????
Old 03-31-2002, 11:49 PM
BigTodd
Racer

Default Re: 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED" (khornet)

Sea Foamed - Intake (carb, injector) cleaner, blows out the crud from the top end. Worked great. I think the process is in the Forum Tech Tips. :D

Get notified of new replies

To 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED"

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 Vibration problem "FIXED"