C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for DFI GEN VII Tuner with dyno in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Wanderer85
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for DFI GEN VII Tuner with dyno in Houston, TX

Hi Guys,

I had earlier posted it in Scan & Tune and thought that it would be a good idea to post it here as well to get some posibble leads.

I am looking to get a tuner in Houston with a Dyno who can tune using DFI. I have 400 block destroked to 377, YSI Race Trim, MiniRam (slightly ported), 60 lb/hr injectors, 2 Bar MAP (but I am interested in upgrading to atleast 2.5Bar +). I had an appointment with a tuner in Dallas for the last two months who just called me a day before the tuning that he does not have a license and he thought that I was bringing my own tuner. After calling around some places who are either nonexistent or do not deal with DFI, I am trying to find someone who may have some tunes under his belt with DFI and possibly using the MiniRam. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tariq
Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanderer85
Hi Guys,

I had earlier posted it in Scan & Tune and thought that it would be a good idea to post it here as well to get some posibble leads.

I am looking to get a tuner in Houston with a Dyno who can tune using DFI. I have 400 block destroked to 377, YSI Race Trim, MiniRam (slightly ported), 60 lb/hr injectors, 2 Bar MAP (but I am interested in upgrading to atleast 2.5Bar +). I had an appointment with a tuner in Dallas for the last two months who just called me a day before the tuning that he does not have a license and he thought that I was bringing my own tuner. After calling around some places who are either nonexistent or do not deal with DFI, I am trying to find someone who may have some tunes under his belt with DFI and possibly using the MiniRam. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tariq
I have some Gen VII tunes I could share (396cid, AFR220 heads, 224-236 cam, 3 bar map, 16 psi boost, 82# FI, etc.). I dont think you need a license to tune a genVII, just their "key", which I have two of.

Last edited by Brand-X; 11-12-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
BAM92
Safety Car

Over at Hennessey Performance in Sealy, they have a guy that can tune it. Don't have any idea of price. Think this is the guy that teaches the tuner school over there.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Bowtie8
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wanderer85
Hi Guys,

Tariq
\

Tariq

If you can get a tune with the boost tables built, you will be 80% there

Changing the flow rate on the injectors is 1 click so check into that.
You wont know if you gut airfuel perfect without wideband but its a good place to start

my 2 cents
John
Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Wanderer85
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brand-X
I have some Gen VII tunes I could share (396cid, AFR220 heads, 224-236 cam, 3 bar map, 16 psi boost, 82# FI, etc.). I dont think you need a license to tune a genVII, just their "key", which I have two of.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help in this regards. If you have one of the keys for sale then I would be up to purchase it from you. However, I do not have enough experience with tuning to say whether your tune can be a starting point for me. I would atleast try to be get the 3BAR MAP. I know that my current pulley setup, 3.25" Blower pulley and the 7.75" crank pulley may limit me to a boost closer to 15 psi if all holds well. However, I have plans to get a shorter pulley but was trying to get the tune down with the crrent setup before going more radical. Thanks.

Tariq
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Wanderer85
Instructor

Originally Posted by BAM92
Over at Hennessey Performance in Sealy, they have a guy that can tune it. Don't have any idea of price. Think this is the guy that teaches the tuner school over there.
Thanks Brian for the lead, I had called Hennessey earlier probably because I got the name of the tuner from searching around the net but found that he did not work there any more. Then I asked about anyone else in the shop who could tune using DFI and the person said probably not. I will keep looking though.

Tariq
Old 11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Wanderer85
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bowtie8
\

Tariq

If you can get a tune with the boost tables built, you will be 80% there

Changing the flow rate on the injectors is 1 click so check into that.
You wont know if you gut airfuel perfect without wideband but its a good place to start

my 2 cents
John
John thanks for the tip! I am tempted to get the tune from Chris to start with and see how things look. However, over the weekend I was able to data log with the help of another forum member Dan Curry using his version of DFI, which showed that my A/F Ratio was almost constant around 14.3XX which looked weird as on my A-Pillar guage for the AF, I could see variations from 10 all the way upto higher than 15s at times. I guess I need to put this thing on a dyno to see whether the DFI or the guage is closer to being correct. Let me get my DFI working right before I move to the next step.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for DFI GEN VII Tuner with dyno in Houston, TX

Quick Reply: Looking for DFI GEN VII Tuner with dyno in Houston, TX