C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Convertable top Issue ?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
1990 Rudy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertable top Issue ?

is the top here in the Photo totally shot ? or is there hope ?

ok, no such luck posting the Photo.

But it is Duck taped at the bottom of the window.

the black duct tape kinds looks like crap.

thanks,

Steve
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From your description, it seems like you answered your own questions. (Unless you like duct tape)
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 PM
1990 Rudy
Advanced

Yea, but is there a better way that Duct tape ?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 PM
95fxdwg
Intermediate

Default Convertible top repair

35 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH CONVERTIBLE TOPS , NEED MORE INFO OR PICTURE ,is it a cloth top with glass rear window or vinyl with plastic window ? cloth tops with glass rear windows can be repaired on the car , vinyl tops with plastic windows can't , let me know if I can answer your questions .
Old 03-20-2011, 10:07 PM
1990 Rudy
Advanced

i can E mail it to you ... I cant figure it out on this site?

But it is Plastic and ....Cloth.

Or E mail me at steve@stevesusediron.com
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 95fxdwg
35 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH CONVERTIBLE TOPS , NEED MORE INFO OR PICTURE ,is it a cloth top with glass rear window or vinyl with plastic window ? cloth tops with glass rear windows can be repaired on the car , vinyl tops with plastic windows can't , let me know if I can answer your questions .
Not to threadjack....say YOU have 35 years experience in convertible tops? Is it direct corvette experience? I need my ncrs 89 cloth top replaced and have no trust in anyone in my immediate area and youre not that far away.
corvette95@charter.net
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 AM
95fxdwg
Intermediate

Yes ,I have more than 35 years experience installing convertible tops , and have seen hundreds of failed attempts by owners and supposed trim shops , Most trim shops have little or no real knowledge of correctly installing a top , yet they over charge and produce a poor finished product . they take any short cut they can (like not removing all the trim sticks that hold the seals in place ) and just glue and stick the rear bow in place without removing the seals , my rule of thumb is if it's worth doing ,It's worth doing RIGHT ! In todays market and with the internet you can purchase a good convertible top for very little money , a very good cloth top with tinted rear defroster glass can be purchased for about $ 350.00 or less , Vinyl and plastic window $200.00 or less , from some of the better top suppliers in the country , don't think just because you purchased it from a high end Vette shop and paid $750.00 plus (just for the top ) does not mean it's of any better quality than what you can purchase on line , Do your home work and investigate what your buying there are THOUSANDS OF BLEM TOPS ON THE MARKET and once you buy it and open the box you pretty much own it ,GOOD OR BAD .

Get notified of new replies

To Convertable top Issue ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Convertable top Issue ?