C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

90 Dash Cluster Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
CAmaninacan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 Dash Cluster Issues

I've been having some dash cluster issues, my tach meter doesn't move at all, my oil press bounces all over the place, and my oil temp and temp of the car does not move at all, and I think my mpg calculator is bad as well. The only things i think work are the battery meter, speed and im sure hoping the gas gauge. I know the person before me replaced the CCM at a corvette shop, but could this cause problems to the cluster, or is it the cluster itself? Thanks.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
OkieC4
Instructor

First, check your 5 AMP CLSTR fuse in your main fuse panel. If okay, then check the G201 ground behind the l/h kick panel under the IP.......

The tach, oil temp and psi, coolant temp and voltmeter are all powered by that fuse.

You can also check the dash connector where the cluster plugs in....

Bottom row, left to right, Pin A1 is ground for the cluster, Pins A3 and A4 should have 12 volts with key on.. Yes, you have to remove the cluster to check this. Otherwise you may have a problem with the IP circuit board.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
0KEN W ANDERSON
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CAmaninacan
I've been having some dash cluster issues, my tach meter doesn't move at all, my oil press bounces all over the place, and my oil temp and temp of the car does not move at all, and I think my mpg calculator is bad as well. The only things i think work are the battery meter, speed and im sure hoping the gas gauge. I know the person before me replaced the CCM at a corvette shop, but could this cause problems to the cluster, or is it the cluster itself? Thanks.
Most likely it's the cluster. The tach motor fails on all these clusters, sooner or later. We offer a rebuild sevice w/ a 2 year warranty for $250
GMAUTOCOMPUTERS 770-777-1031

Get notified of new replies

To 90 Dash Cluster Issues

Quick Reply: 90 Dash Cluster Issues