C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

what lt1 mods to start with?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmatt2009
wow so hot cam kit seems to be the way to go! thanks... now picking the right kit. I have my eye on this one at the moment for $600.

Is there anything i should be worried about doing this mod or any cons to know about?
When it is done you will need your chip tuned. A mail order tune is fine for this mod.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Mrmatt2009
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADDUCK
When it is done you will need your chip tuned. A mail order tune is fine for this mod.
that was going to be one of my next questions thanks! what happens if i attempt to drive after mod and before tune?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Dumb question, what are your goals for the car?

Also, before you start modding the car, I would baseline it and see what you got. Both dyno wheel HP, and at the drag strip. Learn to drive the car in its stock configuration well. My best 60 foot is only a 2.11 and I average in the higher 2.1's so why would I add power when I cannot yet handle launching 300HP? Master the 300HP and the skills you develop their will allow you to get the most from future mods.

I have seen plenty of guys at the strip with WAY to much power for them to handle. Even though their car is "faster" and making more HP than another guys. The other guys car is faster in practice because he can drive it better. Saw a guy with a 03 Z06 run a 13.2, I run a 13.5 with 105 less HP and 200lbs more curb weight. I drove my car better than he did his. His car is faster but I drove mine better, see what I mean. Check this out...http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Launch_Tips.html

Ranger and drive the wheels of any Corvette, check his vids. Way faster than advertised times manufacture or magazine tests.

This is my philosophy and one I am working on perfecting. The driving that is.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

No need to upgrade the injectors with just a Hot Cam. Once you do the heads and exhaust a change may be needed.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Gobygred
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Dumb question, what are your goals for the car?

Also, before you start modding the car, I would baseline it and see what you got. Both dyno wheel HP, and at the drag strip. Learn to drive the car in its stock configuration well. My best 60 foot is only a 2.11 and I average in the higher 2.1's so why would I add power when I cannot yet handle launching 300HP? Master the 300HP and the skills you develop their will allow you to get the most from future mods.

I have seen plenty of guys at the strip with WAY to much power for them to handle. Even though their car is "faster" and making more HP than another guys. The other guys car is faster in practice because he can drive it better. Saw a guy with a 03 Z06 run a 13.2, I run a 13.5 with 105 less HP and 200lbs more curb weight. I drove my car better than he did his. His car is faster but I drove mine better, see what I mean. Check this out...http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Launch_Tips.html

Ranger and drive the wheels of any Corvette, check his vids. Way faster than advertised times manufacture or magazine tests.

This is my philosophy and one I am working on perfecting. The driving that is.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:58 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Originally Posted by Gobygred
Reseructed a thread back from June 11 of 2011?

Quick Reply: what lt1 mods to start with?