C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

No Sound with Bose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:10 PM
indy500ss
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound with Bose?

so the Radio goes on and off, Ant goes up and down, all functions work fine...but no sound?

when the radio is on, you here a clicking sound in the backround?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unless your car is an extremely low mile C4, you would be better off replacing the BOSE sysem with something different. The BOSE is expensive to maintain. This is my opinion, it is your car. If you want to keep the BOSE, if non of the speakers work, it is probably the deck itself. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:30 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

You have several posts going but no year of car in any of them. It makes a big difference as the C4 spans over 10 years and there are big differences between all of them.

My generic answer is the speaker boxes are probably not the problem. The Bose relay is probably not bad since the antenna goes up. That leaves the radio head and tuner.

Does the CD or tape player work?

Without knowing the year, I can't get more specific and say anything for a fact.

Last edited by pcolt94; 08-01-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by pcolt94
The Bose relay is probably not bad since the antenna goes up.
There is only one relay for amplifier and antenna operation? Somehow I thought at least some years might have two (separate) relays.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
tazdpc
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I did a complete removal of the I/P and HVAC and put it back together, the speakers did not work for me. (This was a winter/cold garage project) From what I read, it was due to the speaker amp relay. I ordered a new speaker amp relay and the speakers worked. Then when I started to drive the car and turned the car off with the radio still on, the speakers would make a sound that matched the blinking security light in the DIC when the doors were opened. The next winter, I looked into this and tried the old relay. It worked again. Then put the new relay in and started to drive the car in the spring until one time the battery went dead and heard some crackling sound behind the I/P. I finally put the original speaker amp relay back in and it has been working fine.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by indy500ss
so the Radio goes on and off, Ant goes up and down, all functions work fine...but no sound?

when the radio is on, you here a clicking sound in the backround?
check the fuse for your door locks and dome lights. on my 85 the amp is tied to this circut

Get notified of new replies

To No Sound with Bose?

Quick Reply: No Sound with Bose?