C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too???

Im reffering mainly to the 84-89 style interior....is there a fix for this problem? Seems like i have to be moving for at least 20 minutes before ill even start to cool off.........i guess it doesnt help that the sun shines down through the acrylic top; or that my interior is black....
Old 05-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too??? (C4Fetish)

The vette has always taken about 10-15 minutes to cool down nicely.The fan felt weak and the day i replaced the fan with a new one,it was ALOT better.Set on max or high,the fan began to blow out hard into my face again.With the old fan it was just a weak breeze.
I think the fan got old or tired over the years and didnt have the speed it used to have when new.Weird.
:)

Old 05-11-2002, 06:12 PM
blk90rdstr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too??? (C4Fetish)

My 90 with the electric climate blows a liitle harder than my 84 but my 84 blew fine and would get cool fairly quickly even with 134a refrigerant wich is a couple degrees warmer than r12. You could try a different blower motor. The cabin on a vette is small should cool in no time sounds like somethings wrong. Make sure one of your ducts isnt off or blocked. See if its stronger on heat or def. If its weak all around try another motor. The rest of the A/C wont affect how hard it blows just the temp. :cheers:
Old 05-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too??? (Bill's86Coupe)

how hard is it to replace the ac blower motor?? I dont even think i know where it is.... :confused:
Old 05-11-2002, 06:37 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,407 Likes on 1,020 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

someone posted once before about the something right in front of the fan being clogged up with dirt and debris since there is no air filter there, that could also be the problem. This reminds me of something ELSE that i have to fix.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:08 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem where mine wouldn't blow for she-ite. I removed the fan and evaporator housing...and cleaned the evaporator fins with high pressure water/aluminum cleaner to remove all the gunk clogging it up...now it blows great.

Still takes a couple of minutes to cool the car down though.

Get notified of new replies

To Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too???

Quick Reply: Is it just mine, or does your ac blow weak even on high too???