C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 sport power seat switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Default 93 sport power seat switch wiring

Does anybody have a picture of the wiring underneath the power seat switches?? Mine also has the fx3 if possible.

I'm trying to track down some wiring issues from the previous owner, however im terrible at reading electrical schematics. The wiring looks suspect to me and my power bolster and air pump do not work. A picture of the wiring under the switches would be great.

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

To add to my post. The reason for looking into this is because the lumbar and bolster have no power. Both pumps work, however the electrical connections have no power running to them. I'm trying to track down where the wiring (orange and black wire) for the lumbar and bolster run to.
It runs under the carpet under the seat and i'm assuming up through the console. However where does power come from? Is the orange and black wire attached to the power seat switch for power?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

I don't have a pic, but.....
The bolster and lumbar pump have their switches on the seat, so a pic from the console switch won't help you. I had inoperative bolster and lumbar when I got my 92. I just cleaned the lumbar switch and fixed the diaphram to fix that part of the problem. The bolster switch is another issue, since replacements are almost impossible to find. If cleaning the contacts inside the switch doesn't resolve the problem, (it didn't on mine), then you need to try something else. On mine, I put 12 volts to the bolster motor connector to move them to where I wanted. You can reverse the polarity to move them in the opposite direction. Since I never change the bolster position, this fix works for me.

If you want the wiring diagram, let me know.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

^^Maybe you can not answer this question, but it looks like power for the bolster and lumbar motor come from the same source, which is the orange and black wires..is this hot all the time or just when the switch is toggled?

I have no power to the orange power wire (I believe this is my problem not the switch), so im trying to chase that back but it goes under the carpet. Since the power seats (which work) and the lumbar/bolster share the same 30amp breaker I'm assuming the lumbar/bolster somehow tie into the power seat controls? It may be a pinched or cut line im not sure.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dubin4life
^^Maybe you can not answer this question, but it looks like power for the bolster and lumbar motor come from the same source, which is the orange and black wires..is this hot all the time or just when the switch is toggled?

I have no power to the orange power wire (I believe this is my problem not the switch), so im trying to chase that back but it goes under the carpet. Since the power seats (which work) and the lumbar/bolster share the same 30amp breaker I'm assuming the lumbar/bolster somehow tie into the power seat controls? It may be a pinched or cut line im not sure.
For a '92, (assume that '93 is the same):
It appears that the seat transmission and the bolster/lumbar are on different harness/ciruits?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

hmmm, maybe it's different. Wish I had some better electrical schematic reading skills! So on your 92 the lumbar/bolster functions dont run through the power circuit breaker in the i/p fuse panel?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:12 AM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dubin4life
hmmm, maybe it's different. Wish I had some better electrical schematic reading skills! So on your 92 the lumbar/bolster functions dont run through the power circuit breaker in the i/p fuse panel?
I couldn't tell you since I've never had to check for that, but the schematic shows power coming through a 30 amp breaker.
I'll take a look in my FSM to see if the seat transmission power comes off of the same breaker.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

The more studying I do of the electrical schematic the more it looks like it is a ground issue. Going to check the ground G202 located in the right kick panel first. If not, i'll move to check for a short or open ground in circuit 60. I'll post what the results are.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
oasep
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have same problem..Looks that seats have extra fuse somewhere.
I am going also follow the cables.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:55 PM
dayle97se
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 92ragtop
For a '92, (assume that '93 is the same):
It appears that the seat transmission and the bolster/lumbar are on different harness/ciruits?
92ragtop - any chance you can post pics of the main seat switch wiring diagram from your FSM? not the lumbar part.... thx!

Get notified of new replies

To 93 sport power seat switch wiring

Quick Reply: 93 sport power seat switch wiring