C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

liter bike beating performance c4.. whats all needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnTVette
LC, I'm with you. I don't think they are saying it's impossible, I think they are just writing it off because it's beyond the realm of what 99.9%of people want to do. It takes much work to make a car faster than a litrebike, but it is certainly possible and has been done many times. Consider how fast a litrebike traps in the 1/4......No consider how fast they go from 50 to that trap time.

It takes boost......and lots of it. Either that, or one wickedly obnoxious NA build of which I've never seen running around on the street....Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just one I haven't encountered.
Pretty much this. I'm not saying it's impossible, but realistically speaking to have a car that's 100 percent bullet proof afterwards. (and I still question just how streetable the car is afterwards. The Sledgehammer had all kinds of issues with contaminated fuels for example.) that's an awful lot of money you're sinking into the engine, drivetrain, suspension (I hope you are anyway), cooling system, chassis reinforcements etc. 10 grand for the engine alone is already a budget level that is approaching most enthusiast's total performance goody's budgets.

I guess you could just do the evil thing, and ruin the car's handling and stuff a Banks turbod, Duramax in and save some cash. But I think the torque would twist the car into a pretzel.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:19 AM
mako41
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just to show you how ridiculous this entire thread is.... Here check this out;

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...bmw-s1000rr%2F

Note that's a box stock 1000cc BMW S1000RR "litre bike" completely dusting a 1200HP One million dollar plus Bugatti Veyron and a 691HP Lamborghini that never had a chance!
You think you can make a C4 beat that?? Good Luck!

Also note that bike in the video is several years old and in 2016 it weighs less with even more power.
All box stock without any performance mods. A true modern state of the art "litre bike"!!

Lets not even get into the state of the art fully modded 1300cc Hayabusa's and 1400cc Kawi ZX-14's lurking out there!

Last edited by mako41; 05-18-2016 at 02:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
juanvaldez (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 09:44 AM
mako41
Pro

Originally Posted by 383vett
A Bugatti Veyron is pushing over 1000 hp and is 2.4 0-60 and a 9 second car out of the box. If only I had a few million to blow.
See above post!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:05 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

This is always an interesting topic for cyclists that hold a competition license.

The problem with the comparison is simple. Breaking traction on a bike means breaking bones, and therefore almost no one besides a professional rider can come anywhere near the limits of even a plain jane 400cc commuter bike, much less 1000cc superbike. That being said, even the worst riders will win almost every time in a drag race.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 AM
mako41
Pro

Originally Posted by Amotoxracer
This is always an interesting topic for cyclists that hold a competition license.

The problem with the comparison is simple. Breaking traction on a bike means breaking bones, and therefore almost no one besides a professional rider can come anywhere near the limits of even a plain jane 400cc commuter bike, much less 1000cc superbike. That being said, even the worst riders will win almost every time in a drag race.
Not really sure what your trying to say.... The BMW bike racing in that video is a modern computer controlled two wheeler, with ABS braking, traction control, and several other electronic controls on it that allows even a relative amateur to ride it like a pro without crashing.
You don't need a "competition license" to ride it very, very, fast especially in a straight line! Twisties or a formula one racetrack..... you better know how to ride!

Last edited by mako41; 05-18-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:49 AM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

The Yamaha R1 has a 13:1 compression ratio, makes 200 horsepower at 13,000 RPM and weighs only 450 pounds. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.
The Honda CBR1000RR does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds.
Both bikes in stock trim.

In theory, your C4 could beat a modern literbike, but it will cost you a lot of money.

Most experienced hot rodders will tell you that the Corvette -- any Corvette -- is not the best platform for building big power. There's just not enough space under the hood for everything you'd need to add to achieve the performance you are seeking. I'm not saying you can't get big power from a Corvette... you certainly can, and it is expensive. I'm saying that other cars are better suited to your goal. Where Corvettes consistently shine is handling, so they are popular at autocross events.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by mako41
Not really sure what your trying to say.... The BMW bike racing in that video is a modern computer controlled two wheeler, with ABS braking, traction control, and several other electronic controls on it that allows even a relative amateur to ride it like a pro without crashing.
You don't need a "competition license" to ride it very, very, fast especially in a straight line! Twisties or a formula one racetrack..... you better know how to ride!
I couldn't get the link to work so I'm not sure whats there.

I think we are saying the same thing, but to clarify; I am saying that even the worst riders of a stock superbike, will beat the best drivers in a typical modified c4 (or anything else) in a drag race.

In a road race the cars have a much better chance and probably the advantage, but until you take the best AMA pro and put him on the cycle then its really not a legit comparison of the two vehicles. The reason for this is most cyclists cant even ride a commuter bike at its limits, (much less a superbike) due to the fact that one mistake can end your life. You really don't have that sort of problem in a car. Clearly there is a big difference between a pro driver and an amateur driver, but on cycles that difference is so vast its kind of not even the same thing. I mean when was the last time you saw an f1 or other road race car getting lapped every third lap ?? How about lapped twice in a five lap race ?? You don't ever see that with cars. You do with motorcycles, and the difference is the rider.

I seem to remember a test by car and driver of a viper GTS and a YZF 1000 back in the nineties. The magazine editor on the YZF was within 2.5 seconds (decent gap) of the GTS around Willow Springs. I would submit that a professional rider would have stomped the GTS into oblivion around that course. The drag race part of the test was just stupid. You could have cut one of the plug wires on the bike and it still would have won.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Its tough keeping pace with a new 600cc crotchrocket from a dig or even a 5mph start better have some good power perfect driving and lots of traction btdt. Those suckers move out pretty good;lots of modern tech in them

Just have fun with what you have, always someone faster and for the most part a bike will usually walk a car good ol power to weight

Last edited by cv67; 05-18-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: liter bike beating performance c4.. whats all needed?