C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

[SEARCHED] Fbody pressure plate with ZF6

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Bersaglieri
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More great info, thanks for sharing that 856speed, sounds like you went through alot to get yours right.

Great link with Power Torque Systems, GM wants twice as much for the TOB and it's supposedly not even available through normal channels. That is very helpful, thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Bersaglieri
Advanced

Jim at Power Torque Systems is LE-GIT. That guy knows his stuff and is where I'm going to source the TOB and the fluted pilot bearing. He also made sure to mention that the typically .090" needs machined of the crank side of the flywheel and not the clutch surface, just in case anyone was unsure. Can't say enough good things about Jim, he gave me more than my moneys worth of info and advice over the phone.

He agreed: .090" off the flywheel [measuring to verify] and the ZF6 TOB should be what it takes to make this work.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Bersaglieri
Advanced

Well I'm taking the flywheel in today to have it machined. I called Carolina clutch to double check my measurements but they said they have 'no idea about any of that, we don't machine anything here'.

I took a straight edge and measured the distance between the face of the block where the trans mates and the face of the flywheel where the clutch meets. The difference is ~.130". I figure after having the single mass resurfaced and .090" taken off the crank side it'll be nearly the same. I did not have the opportunity to measure to the throw out bearing yet, I'll be doing that shortly.

I called Doug Rippie, mailbox full. I left a message with ZR51 Performance.

That's the update. I hope to reinstall everything this weekend.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Bersaglieri
Advanced

Also, I mangled the spacer plate between the bellhousing and trans. I'm planning on flattening it out and reusing since I'm assuming it'd be almost impossible to find one?

Quick Reply: [SEARCHED] Fbody pressure plate with ZF6