C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Gotta pull the trans again #$%@$@%#^@$#^@#$@^%#$@#$^!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Rick86
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gotta pull the trans again #$%@$@%#^@$#^@#$@^%#$@#$^!!!!!!!!!!! (Radio Joe)

Have you tried a transmission parts supplier in your area?

The local indepentant tranny shops have to get their parts from someone.

There is two that I know of here in Sacramento.

I don't have my manual with me but I'm sure it didn't even mention a gasket and said to use RTV? Anyone have a manual handy?
Old 07-24-2002, 05:48 PM
Radio Joe
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Gotta pull the trans again #$%@$@%#^@$#^@#$@^%#$@#$^!!!!!!!!!!! (Rick86)

I don't have my manual with me but I'm sure it didn't even mention a gasket and said to use RTV? Anyone have a manual handy?
Whoa...really???? I really would like to get this fixed this weekend, if that is true, I would definitely give it a try......ANYONE GOT A MANUAL????? :seeya
Old 07-27-2002, 09:20 PM
Radio Joe
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Gotta pull the trans again #$%@$@%#^@$#^@#$@^%#$@#$^!!!!!!!!!!! (Radio Joe)

Its not the Gasket... I let it run @2k rpms and layed on the ground and watched. There was a small drop of trans fluid on one of the front pump bolts that slowly got bigger and bigger. That means tonight i will be yanking the trans again :cry

Atleast i know how to do it :D
Old 07-27-2002, 10:40 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, you should pull the trans and perhaps may find that the bushing in the pump is worn enough that it is causing the torque convertor to move around and leak at the seal. Whenever, a trans is rebuilt, I tend to replace all the bushings whether it needs it or not. I also inspect all the mating surfaces in the pump. Many times, I find pumps that are warped and if not tended to, they will leak. As for the pan gasket, I often find pans that have at one time or another been overtightened and eventually warp. I use a coat of RTV on those to ensure proper sealing. Make sure that you allow the RTV ample time to set up before a final torquing. The proper torque is 10-12 ft lbs. Use a dial type torque wrench and not the click type.

Good luck!
:cheers:

[Modified by Sharky Guam, 12:43 PM 7/28/2002]

Quick Reply: Gotta pull the trans again #$%@$@%#^@$#^@#$@^%#$@#$^!!!!!!!!!!!