C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Digital Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 07:57 PM
champ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Digital Instrument Cluster

I need help because tomorrow I am pulling the instrument cluster out and send it off for repair. The problem is that the digital portion of the cluster (speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer) is blank - no information. Is this a cluster gone bad or did I jar some connection loose?
Old 07-27-2002, 08:04 PM
rutiger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Digital Instrument Cluster (champ)

have you pulled it out before? my tach didn't work so i pulled the inst panel and reinstalled it. now it works. maybe the plug is not fully seated on yours?

if you're going to remove it anyway, you might as well unplug it then plug it back in to check if it comes back to life.

good luck.
Old 07-28-2002, 01:19 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

First check the LCD 5A fuse with an ohmeter. Then check the cluster 5A fuse also with an ohmeter. Past this it gets increasingly complicated.
Old 07-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Qblue92
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Mine is doing this. The cluster isn't making good contact with the plug behind it. Try pushing back on the lower left of the cluster- by the lower part of the RPM range. it might give you a hint of what's wrong with it. I had mine apart a while bach, and now its acting up again. I would love to know how to get the pins to stay in the plug better.. any1?

Get notified of new replies

To Digital Instrument Cluster

Quick Reply: Digital Instrument Cluster