C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Dave Witman
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 95 fuel pressure

95 lt1 cylinders and crankcase full of fuel. Drained out 6 gals. of fuel /oil mixture. Removed plugs and drained cylinders. Lubed cylinders and spun engine. Did find FPR bad and also replaced injectors with bosch 3. Fuel pressure will not hold even with wires disconnected from injectors.Fuel still getting into engine. Pressure drops off fast.The only thing that make sense to me is one or more of the new injectors are bad. Will remove plugs tomorrow again and try to determine which injectors may be leaking. I also found vacuum line from charcoal tank to throttle body pluged with charcoal. replaced canister and both purge valve and tank pressure valve after unplugging line. Any other ideas on hoe fuel is getting into engine..
Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Witman
95 lt1 cylinders and crankcase full of fuel. Drained out 6 gals. of fuel /oil mixture. Removed plugs and drained cylinders. Lubed cylinders and spun engine. Did find FPR bad and also replaced injectors with bosch 3. Fuel pressure will not hold even with wires disconnected from injectors.Fuel still getting into engine. Pressure drops off fast.The only thing that make sense to me is one or more of the new injectors are bad. Will remove plugs tomorrow again and try to determine which injectors may be leaking. I also found vacuum line from charcoal tank to throttle body pluged with charcoal. replaced canister and both purge valve and tank pressure valve after unplugging line. Any other ideas on hoe fuel is getting into engine..
Bad pressure regulator
Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 374 Likes on 357 Posts

Reads like a leaking injector to me also. U can pull the whole fuel rail with injectors and set it up to observe the injectors with the fuel rail charged but engine off.

But ya know the charcoal canister has a solenoid control vlv that pulls vacuum on the canister to purge vapor at above idle rpm (it could stall engine at idle). This could possible be a source also and it reads like your charcoal canister is full of fuel also - need to check that also. Remove the rear tire/wheel and u may have to remove the wheel skirt inside also to access the canister. The whole canister assembly with all the plumbing and check vlvs is less than $100 and after 20 some years the canister is expired (though most owners never bother to replace).
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Dave Witman
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I did replace the canister ,purge valve and pressure valve. The FPR is new and has been checked.

Turned out to be a defective injector. Thanks

Last edited by Dave Witman; 04-09-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 fuel pressure

Quick Reply: 95 fuel pressure