C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Auxiliary fuse block

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 12:25 AM
Mikesa
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Auxiliary fuse block

I recently picked up my "new" 92 aqua metallic conv in Louisiana. The water pump went the first day back in Massachusetts. New water pump and vent modification to the Opti and i'm back in business. Now the many little "fun" repairs. The previous owner, working on the door trim, sparked/shorted, with a screw driver, the driver's side electric door lock. Now neither side works. The first thing I found that looks like it's worth looking at is 30 amp power door lock fuse, in auxiliary fuse block 1. The owners amnual says this is on the passenger side up over the "knee bolster". I've looked in my service manual and can find no info on how to get to this. Any suggestion or info would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Auxiliary fuse block (Mikesa)

Open the pass/door. At the end of the dash you will see a panel housing the pass fuse panel. I think the door locks are fuse no. # 42. 20 amp. I think its what your looking for?
Old 08-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Auxiliary fuse block (lou sylvestri)

The fuse block Lou is describing is the main fuse block. The 30amp breaker labeled PWR ACCY leads to both the powerseat switchs and a 15 amp fuse in the auxiliary fuse block #1. If your power seat still works then the 30 amp breaker in the main block is ok. If this is the case, then you will have to find the 15amp fuse labeled PWR DOOR in auxiliary fuse block #1. It is located behind the passenger knee bolster. Get one of this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=370170 :cheers:
Old 08-28-2002, 05:18 AM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Auxiliary fuse block (Ramrod92)

Well since nobody has really given you a great description....

Remove the hus panel, it has a few bolts and some screws. You have to remove a few from the main fuse box area to remove it.Get a flashlight and crawl underneath the kick panel on the passenger side. Works best if you lay on your back on the door sill area and cram your head where your feet should be. Look in the back of the well up on top towards the center of the well. You'll see another small fuse block that holds 5 fuses. Pull them one at a time until you find it
Old 08-28-2002, 06:05 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Auxiliary fuse block (Jeffvette)

Yep, Jeff is correct. That fuse box sucks. They got rid of it in '93 I am pretty sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Auxiliary fuse block

Quick Reply: Auxiliary fuse block