C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

squeaky C4

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:53 AM
bullguts
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default squeaky C4

hi guys , got a 1989 auto coupe that squeaks from the right hand side interior while your driving . Got the girlfriend riding shot gun to suss it out ,but that failed .I have tapped every part of the interior with my knuckles but could not find it . It's doing my head in ( if you know what I mean ) . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . Cheers
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM
jph46
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bullguts
hi guys , got a 1989 auto coupe that squeaks from the right hand side interior while your driving . Got the girlfriend riding shot gun to suss it out ,but that failed .I have tapped every part of the interior with my knuckles but could not find it . It's doing my head in ( if you know what I mean ) . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . Cheers
Loosen the top panel bolts, make sure they are still tight enough to keep the the panel snug. Drive around the block and let the panel settle in and re tighten bolts. If memory serves me tighten rear bolts first then the front.
There is also a Velcro type pad that can be placed between the top and the windshield frame that might help.
The following users liked this post:
bullguts (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 08:09 PM
bullguts
Advanced

Originally Posted by jph46
Loosen the top panel bolts, make sure they are still tight enough to keep the the panel snug. Drive around the block and let the panel settle in and re tighten bolts. If memory serves me tighten rear bolts first then the front.
There is also a Velcro type pad that can be placed between the top and the windshield frame that might help.
ok thanks and I already put the anti squeak kit on the roof a while back , but will check it for alignment as well now . cheers ps went for a 200 mile cruise with these guys yesterday in the country , and my passenger was the squeak ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hehe .

outside of beverly freemasons hotel
Old 08-04-2016, 02:04 AM
bullguts
Advanced

Originally Posted by jph46
ok ,pulled the panel off, undid the adjustment bolts on it .That were locktited on . Then put silicone spray on a towel and wiped all the rubbers around there and the back window .Put it back on adjusted it . Took it out ( admittedly in the rain ). And now the squeak has left the C4 .Thanks again , cheers

these adjustment bolts were loctited on , cheers .

Get notified of new replies

To squeaky C4

Quick Reply: squeaky C4