C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Shocks Shocks Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:03 PM
CMiller95
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Shocks Shocks Shocks

I ran across QA1 double adjustable front shocks at the price for new bilsteins so I bought them, with that being said I don't really want to drop $550 for two rear matching shocks. Will I be at a severe disadvantage to run standard bilsteins in the rear?

Thanks!
Colton
Old 10-27-2016, 05:04 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by CMiller95
I ran across QA1 double adjustable front shocks at the price for new bilsteins so I bought them, with that being said I don't really want to drop $550 for two rear matching shocks. Will I be at a severe disadvantage to run standard bilsteins in the rear?

Thanks!
Colton
Hi

Usually the double adjustable QA1 are for track, stiffer suspension not really needed on a road car.
If they have road car (similar spring rate to standard) you can get away with coil overs front standard rear.

The car would have been setup with what spring rate combination works best, usually messing with front or rear only can affect the handling for the worse.

Fit them and see?

The rear coil overs need a adapter bracket for clearance.

Good luck
Old 10-27-2016, 06:01 PM
CMiller95
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the reply! These aren't coilovers they are just shocks. I want to track it next spring so I'm trying to go through and cover my bases. If the right decision is to go with different shocks or if it is to buy matching rear shocks I will. It's a base model suspension 94.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:10 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Hi

Shocks only will be fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Shocks Shocks Shocks

Quick Reply: Shocks Shocks Shocks