C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Intake height

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
383tpimachine
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Intake height

Anyone know how tall a Superram/TPI is from chinawall to max height?
And how much room is left above the intake to the hood?

Best would be china wall to top of throttle body since the hood slopes that way.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-10-2016, 11:49 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

I don't know since I got rid of my Superram but that was an Accel/Lingenfelter product for the Vettes so they should fit. Why do you ask?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:07 AM
KSA Aaron
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I ran one for several years and with the spray plate that had lines ~1/2" above the plate. When the engine torqued (and it was quite limited), the lines would rub the bottom side of the hood.

Therefore, I would estimate the clearance at the front of the intake (TB mounting flange) to the bottom side of the hood would be ~0.625".

The MRII had a BUNCH more clearance. The C4SP was tight with the tall open plenum intake and the elbow.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:49 AM
383tpimachine
Drifting

Originally Posted by KSA Aaron
I ran one for several years and with the spray plate that had lines ~1/2" above the plate. When the engine torqued (and it was quite limited), the lines would rub the bottom side of the hood.

Therefore, I would estimate the clearance at the front of the intake (TB mounting flange) to the bottom side of the hood would be ~0.625".

The MRII had a BUNCH more clearance. The C4SP was tight with the tall open plenum intake and the elbow.
So looking at making the intake the TB top height all the way across +.25 or so.

Originally Posted by aklim
I don't know since I got rid of my Superram but that was an Accel/Lingenfelter product for the Vettes so they should fit. Why do you ask?
I am getting a Hogan intake made. Trying to get as much plenum volume as possible with medium length runners around 6-7inch if possible.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
KSA Aaron
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 383tpimachine
So looking at making the intake the TB top height all the way across +.25 or so.

I am getting a Hogan intake made. Trying to get as much plenum volume as possible with medium length runners around 6-7inch if possible.

If I understand what you have written, you will make the sheetmetal intake a height the same as the SR intake, plus 1/4". You should be fine with that dimension.

Regarding the Hogan sheetmetal intakes, there would seem to be better ways to achieve your HP goals, and more cost effective ways. But with Hogan, you know it will look nice!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:13 PM
383tpimachine
Drifting

Originally Posted by KSA Aaron
If I understand what you have written, you will make the sheetmetal intake a height the same as the SR intake, plus 1/4". You should be fine with that dimension.

Regarding the Hogan sheetmetal intakes, there would seem to be better ways to achieve your HP goals, and more cost effective ways. But with Hogan, you know it will look nice!
My HSR does well but it has a small plenum and the fuel rail setup is sketchy at best. I will revise my fuel lines to fix this issue. Then I cannot plumb a direct port with my current intake due to the fuel rails. With the hogan I will have a few different options for either a direct port or a dual spraybar setup.

But yes it will look sexy.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:30 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

http://maxracesoftware.com/pipemax36xp2.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Intake height

Quick Reply: Intake height