C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ac/heat vac line

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 06:48 PM
zapc
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default ac/heat vac line

ok im aggravated, trying to clean up some loose wiring and dry rotted black looms for wiring and snapped off the brittle black plastic vac line that operated the ac/heating doors. seems like it disappears into the wiring harness behind motor, cant reach it if i wanted to, where does this come out of the firewall? or where does it connect to inside if i have to run a new line and new hole in firewall.

thanks, this is what i get for being ambitious in the garage with 8 inches of snow on ground. its an 89 with c68 i think, (digital conroller)

Last edited by zapc; 01-08-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:33 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by zapc
ok im aggravated, trying to clean up some loose wiring and dry rotted black looms for wiring and snapped off the brittle black plastic vac line that operated the ac/heating doors. seems like it disappears into the wiring harness behind motor, cant reach it if i wanted to, where does this come out of the firewall? or where does it connect to inside if i have to run a new line and new hole in firewall.

thanks, this is what i get for being ambitious in the garage with 8 inches of snow on ground.
In all of that aggravation it seems maybe you've forgot what year your car is. along with the year you might mention if the car is manual AC (C60) or if the car is an auto AC (C68). I believe I can maybe guess but how about mentioning YEAR and C60 or C68

Quick Reply: ac/heat vac line