C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:42 PM
jasonmntc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lights

I have a 1993 vette and the doors lights stopped working . The fuse is fine , i Have changed both door pin switches . They do not come when the doors are opened or if you use the headlight switch . I also have changed the bulbs. The strange thing is that i'm getting power with a test light on both sides of the bulb but the bulbs aren't lit. Help !!
Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Are you sure you have power and just don't have them shut off by the headlight switch?
Old 02-03-2017, 05:53 PM
alexm1994
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmntc
I have a 1993 vette and the doors lights stopped working . The fuse is fine , i Have changed both door pin switches . They do not come when the doors are opened or if you use the headlight switch . I also have changed the bulbs. The strange thing is that i'm getting power with a test light on both sides of the bulb but the bulbs aren't lit. Help !!
I had a 93 at work that would not turn on the interior lights with the doors but would work from the headlamp switch. Replaced the interior lamp/courtesy relay underneath the passenger side dash panel and it fixed it.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:07 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmntc

I believe that the OP needs to mention which bulbs in the door!!!

OP - are you talking about the 212-2 bulb or the 73 bulb in the door You only mention the doors. Do the foot-well lamps work?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-03-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To interior lights

Quick Reply: interior lights