C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Coolant temp sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:40 PM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coolant temp sensor ?

1985 L98, stock set up. In process of replacing fuel injectors with those from Fuel Injector Connection. Just took the plenum off and there is a sensor in the underside rear of the Plenum. I am not experiencing any problems at this time. Is it sometrhing that I should replace at minimal cost so I dont have to take everything apart at a later time. If so what is it called. I am rebuilding the Fuel Pressure Regulator and Replacing the EGR while I am there. No need for an adjustable regulator as car will stay stock, Just replaced the Fuel pump with a Walbro from Racetronix, and fuel filter
Old 02-05-2017, 06:01 PM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyMountain
1985 L98, stock set up. In process of replacing fuel injectors with those from Fuel Injector Connection. Just took the plenum off and there is a sensor in the underside rear of the Plenum. I am not experiencing any problems at this time. Is it sometrhing that I should replace at minimal cost so I dont have to take everything apart at a later time. If so what is it called. I am rebuilding the Fuel Pressure Regulator and Replacing the EGR while I am there. No need for an adjustable regulator as car will stay stock, Just replaced the Fuel pump with a Walbro from Racetronix, and fuel filter
..... That is the MAT Sensor ... manifold air temp ... essentially the same as the coolant temp sensor ... they cost about $10 the last time I bought one .....
Old 02-05-2017, 07:34 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Look at the button on the FPR diaphram and see if it is smooth and shiny they had a bad run of them.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:11 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by C409
..... That is the MAT Sensor ... manifold air temp ... essentially the same as the coolant temp sensor ... they cost about $10 the last time I bought one .....
I'd replace it. Probably have some oily coatings on it. Regardless, it is cheap and he is already there. So long as he doesn't reuse the gaskets, life is good. I'd also take the TB off, IAC, IAC housing and TB plate and clean all passages and gently spray and wipe the IAC pintle without pushing or pulling.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Look at the button on the FPR diaphram and see if it is smooth and shiny they had a bad run of them.
I would imagine he can put the system together and not put the top on yet. Pressurize it and see.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:12 PM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks . Ordered a sensor from Rock Autp along with a new IAC. Got Bosch III injectors from Fuel Injector Connection (great communication and customer service.) Also got the fuel pressure regulator spring and gasket, and gasket set for the plenum and runners from him. Gonna send him my cold start injector this week, he doesn't have one but will refurbish mine for 22 bucks. Also got a new Delco EGR valve, figure its all apart may as well do this once. Will do a proper cleaning of the throttle body, and pressurize system before i put the throttle body back on. Question remaining is does anyone now a part number or o ring number for the o rings on the fuel line, im sure they should be replaced. Will
Old 02-06-2017, 06:25 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Did you ask FIC?
Old 02-06-2017, 06:38 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

GM# for the Saginaw fitting to the fuel rails is 22516256 (return) and 22514722 (feed). These should be on all dealers shelves or use these part #'s at an auto parts store for an equivalent. Do NOT use just "generic" o-rings from someones assortment.

There's very few instances where the fitting is same sized for feed and return. I don't believe these were '85 builds.
The following users liked this post:
FrostyMountain (02-06-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Coolant temp sensor ?

Quick Reply: Coolant temp sensor ?