C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:28 PM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Is this normal?

Greetings all,

So when I bought the car in MArch I pretty mutch knew that the light needed the bushings replaced... I have the parts just waiting for the right weekend...

Anyway, until I fix the bushings I'm trying to use the lights as little as possible.. Driving in daylight only, or only use the parking lights and fog lights at near dusk.

But the funny thing is.. when I get home or park, and I shut down the car and turn off the parking lights, the lights do not open, but the motor runs on the right-hand side light that has the bad bushings. like the ECM is making sure the lights are indeed closed?

Is that normal?
Old 05-01-2017, 06:26 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJoelieC
Greetings all,

So when I bought the car in MArch I pretty mutch knew that the light needed the bushings replaced... I have the parts just waiting for the right weekend...

Anyway, until I fix the bushings I'm trying to use the lights as little as possible.. Driving in daylight only, or only use the parking lights and fog lights at near dusk.

But the funny thing is.. when I get home or park, and I shut down the car and turn off the parking lights, the lights do not open, but the motor runs on the right-hand side light that has the bad bushings. like the ECM is making sure the lights are indeed closed?

Is that normal?

I would say Yes my car did it to until I changed the Headlight Gears & Bushings, It also did it every time the Battery was connected.
The following users liked this post:
MrJoelieC (05-02-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 06:50 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJoelieC
I pretty mutch knew that the light needed the bushings replaced... I have the parts just waiting for the right weekend...
Once you swap out the bushings, the motor will stop spinning.

BTW.... you dont need a weekend; you need about 3 hours one evening
The following users liked this post:
MrJoelieC (05-02-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Is this normal?

Quick Reply: Is this normal?