C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

a/c condensation on windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 05:09 PM
saxman1
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a/c condensation on windshield

My vette is a 1985. Occasionally I will get some condensation at the lower center of my windshield on the OUTSIDE. Usually happens at slow speed or when sitting in traffic for a very short time. When I start moving again it will clear itself and rarely happens more than once. It seems that I'm getting considerable sweat on the plumbing under the hood, but no icing. The temp of the a/c seems to be cold enough, but I haven't used a thermometer to check it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:41 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Its because the windshield is too cold which in turn causes the humidity in the air to condense. Same as leaving a cold can of soda out...the can 'sweats'.

Aside from turning the AC down there's not much you can do.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by jim2527
Its because the windshield is too cold which in turn causes the humidity in the air to condense. Same as leaving a cold can of soda out...the can 'sweats'.

Aside from turning the AC down there's not much you can do.
, pretty normal.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:14 AM
sprink94
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman1
My vette is a 1985. Occasionally I will get some condensation at the lower center of my windshield on the OUTSIDE. Usually happens at slow speed or when sitting in traffic for a very short time. When I start moving again it will clear itself and rarely happens more than once. It seems that I'm getting considerable sweat on the plumbing under the hood, but no icing. The temp of the a/c seems to be cold enough, but I haven't used a thermometer to check it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Mine does exactly the same thing. I think it's a leak in the A/C Flapper that diverts just a small amount of cold air thru the defroster ducts up to the windshield. I'm not worried about it...my A/C works so well that even here in Ft. Lauderdale on the hottest most humid days my interior temp will drop into the 60's with the temp set to the lowest setting.

No complaints here !!

Get notified of new replies

To a/c condensation on windshield

Quick Reply: a/c condensation on windshield