C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Roll up windows, no engine connected.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Powerstroked89
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roll up windows, no engine connected.

I should have rolled the windows up before I pulled my engine, if I pulled the fuel pump fuse, any reason I couldn't hook up the battery, turn the key to accessories and roll the windows up? Or is their a potential for damage cycling the power like that?

If that won't work, could I put 12v to the window motor? Car is losing it's spot in the garage for a bit.

Last edited by Powerstroked89; 06-18-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:09 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerstroked89
I should have rolled the windows up before I pulled my engine, if I pulled the fuel pump fuse, any reason I couldn't hook up the battery, turn the key to accessories and roll the windows up? Or is their a potential for damage cycling the power like that?

If that won't work, could I put 12v to the window motor? Car is losing it's spot in the garage for a bit.

I think if you disable the Fuel Pump, you should be able to do what you want, You may have to connect the smaller power lead the Starter/Battery connection and find a ground to give you power to Cabin or just energize that 1 wire

Last edited by s carter; 06-18-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Powerstroked89
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s carter
I think if you disable the Fuel Pump, you should be able to do what you want, You may have to connect the smaller power lead the Starter/Battery connection and find a ground to give you power to Cabin or just energize that 1 wire
Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
The interior ground wires may be connected to the engine block. I don't know if they are or not in Corvette, but they are in other GM's.

I would connect a battery as follows:
GROUND to the lighter socket shell.
B+ to the circuit breaker slot in the fuse box WDO.

Pull the breaker, use a small screwdriver to make the connection to the terminal in the fuse box. Turn the key off first. Then try each terminal until the windows go up. (With the key OFF, you won't back-feed the ECM or anything else, causing the fuel pump to run). Only the windows operate off this circuit breaker.
Thank you guys

Get notified of new replies

To Roll up windows, no engine connected.

Quick Reply: Roll up windows, no engine connected.