C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 MAF Data Log Reading w/ EEHack

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Slythee
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 MAF Data Log Reading w/ EEHack

Does anyone know what the MAF should be reading (g/S) for an unmodified LT1 w/ A/T at idle in park and drive? I have a new TPS & IAC. I've run multiple vacuum and smoke test backwards and forward to resolve for every possible vacuum leak. With everything else in the data log looking "normal" my MAF will read 5-7g/S at idle in drive.
This car sat outside basically abandoned from '10 to '14 when i picked it up. I would assume the MAF sensors are corroded.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 01:31 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Slythee
Does anyone know what the MAF should be reading (g/S) for an unmodified LT1 w/ A/T at idle in park and drive? I have a new TPS & IAC. I've run multiple vacuum and smoke test backwards and forward to resolve for every possible vacuum leak. With everything else in the data log looking "normal" my MAF will read 5-7g/S at idle in drive.
This car sat outside basically abandoned from '10 to '14 when i picked it up. I would assume the MAF sensors are corroded.

Thanks
I don't think model has much to do with it but more so the engine displacement. My references say 5 to 10 g/s.

What is the problem? Can you give some specific problems? Codes?

Troubleshooting by replacing parts is the most expensive method for repair. EFI cars have a lot of diagnostics but you have to find the patience to use/learn them.

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Slythee
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cardo0
I don't think model has much to do with it but more so the engine displacement. My references say 5 to 10 g/s.

What is the problem? Can you give some specific problems? Codes?

Troubleshooting by replacing parts is the most expensive method for repair. EFI cars have a lot of diagnostics but you have to find the patience to use/learn them.

Good luck.
Thanks
As I stated, the car sat in a field for 4 years before I got it. Crazy as that sounds, it's never thrown a code of any sort other that when I unplug the MAF. Neglect, of course, has caused a lot of issues such as broken vacuum lines and degradation of assorted parts. Of course the car didn't idled or run smoothly at first and I assume the injectors have gotten a little clogged. Running pulse width and leak down test revealed fully functional injectors - on paper. However, after detecting and fixing multiple vacuum leaks, replacing an oil soak opti, TPS, worn out IAC, broken Coolant Temp sensor, and O2's, it still doesn't idle like it should. After each fix i can see improvements in the diagnostics and feel the car idle and behave incrementally better. Just still not 100%. Having a passenger analyze the live data log as I'm driving didn't reveal much either. I'm not expecting show room HP but i just want to know it's as close as possible. The Knock sensors and MAF is the only sensor I can't verify the integrity of other than injector spray pattern. Off idle it runs pretty good. I just want it to idle smooth. I mentioned the A/T because it would seem that idling in drive is lower rpm than a manual since a M/T would idle in neutral.

Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To 1995 MAF Data Log Reading w/ EEHack

Quick Reply: 1995 MAF Data Log Reading w/ EEHack