C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Custom chips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 07:14 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Be sure to tell them he's been doing this all over the place.. So it's not just you.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...986-89-c4.html
Old 08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by confab
Be sure to tell them he's been doing this all over the place.. So it's not just you.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...986-89-c4.html
I think that is going to be a a problem. Is it worth it to pursue for $100? This is part of the con. They know that at that price, there will be a sucker who thinks that he can beat the odds and if you try to get your money back, worst case scenario, they are forced to refund the money. Best case, you won't pursue it because you will waste more time and money than it is worth.

If something is way cheaper than average, I can't afford it.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:39 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Probably. But I wish someone would pursue it.. Someone like this? Who knows the total damage they've done over years and tens or hundreds of scams?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliC4
Update:
I really wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I messaged him on Tuesday and asked him if he had an eta. The message shows it was read but he still has not responded. wE MAY HAVE A FRUAD. Ill give him a day to respond before I report it as fraud and send his info over to the police. Does not hurt that I know all the right people to report his ***. Hopefully he responds and sends it but I will make sure to inform everybody.
2 days and your ready to report the guy? Please stop buying on eBay if you do... your just like a guy who bought a muffler from me on eBay. Waited exactly 2 business days and claimed he hasn't received the item (he was at least 5 states away) then filed a PayPal claim thing. Sure enough PayPal sided with the a-hole... luckily I had on my ad that handling time was 3 business days so I did not loose the item and the money. He was probably banking on me shipping the item right away.

Well i I got off track and I don't mean to call you a con artist but geez man. 2 days? Maybe the guy is busy as hell or just had an emergency or something. Granted you did see other people post about issues with this guy so you dug your own grave. Did you call or email the guy about tracking info? Also most tuners take a few days at the least to actually do a tune.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:51 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by v8vette84
2 days and your ready to report the guy? Please stop buying on eBay if you do... your just like a guy who bought a muffler from me on eBay. Waited exactly 2 business days and claimed he hasn't received the item (he was at least 5 states away) then filed a PayPal claim thing. Sure enough PayPal sided with the a-hole... luckily I had on my ad that handling time was 3 business days so I did not loose the item and the money. He was probably banking on me shipping the item right away.

Well i I got off track and I don't mean to call you a con artist but geez man. 2 days? Maybe the guy is busy as hell or just had an emergency or something. Granted you did see other people post about issues with this guy so you dug your own grave. Did you call or email the guy about tracking info? Also most tuners take a few days at the least to actually do a tune.
I don't know how you do business on eBay but when I sell an item, I expect to keep the buyer FULLY informed. I just sold an item and he bought it and paid on a Monday. I did say 1 BUSINESS day so I could STUF till Tuesday rightfully. I got his email and phone number off Paypal and sent him a message on MONDAY NIGHT telling him that things got away from me and while I have the package boxed up, I will send it on Tuesday. Come Tuesday morning, I sent him a MMS of the receipt and a picture of it at the post office with tracking information from eBay. Within 6 hours of his payment, I updated eBay with positive feedback because he paid quickly and also to acknowledge his payment.

While I understand where you are coming from, the fact that he has, as you acknowledged, dug his own grave AND READ BUT DID NOT RESPOND kinda makes me wonder. Added to the fact that HM2 called him out for his shill and aguilar92c4 suddenly went dark, well....... If you have a bad rep, you need to step up and make ABSOLUTELY SURE you fix that and also give instant notification on what is going on. You let people's mind start imagining things, sorry, it's your fault.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by confab
Probably. But I wish someone would pursue it.. Someone like this? Who knows the total damage they've done over years and tens or hundreds of scams?
Ah, but Sir, who wants to spend their time and resources doing this? That is why I suggested paying with Amex. They will dispute the charge BEFORE you can complete the call and let him get in touch with you.

I had an issue and I told Amex that the guy wouldn't take it back. The shop was down the street. Amex said to put it on his table. I got pissed and told them that they need to understand that he won't take it back. Their reply was that they don't need to understand me on that or words to that effect. All they need to know is that I placed it on his counter and they can continue with the dispute.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aklim
AND READ BUT DID NOT RESPOND kinda makes me wonder.
No idea how someone has any ability to see that another party opened an email... Even if you could see that I REALLY doubt it's accurate...

give instant notification
I consider this a little extreme. Expecting an instant reply is ludicrous BUT I will agree 48 hours is more than enough time for ANY business to get back to a customer. Sure it could be extenuating circumstances but CaliC4 knew this guy could be a flake before hand so idk what to say here...

Me personally I would give a seller probably 4 days to respond. After that if I got nothing I would send a message threatening to start a dispute (or in this case call the police). If I didn't hear anything 24 hours after that I would go forward with my plan. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's much that can be done about an internet purchase probably in another state. The police are not going to track this guy down over $100....

Good luck to you CaliC4, hopefully the guy comes through. If not then DESTROY his reputation online and hopefully you can help others avoid the mistake you made.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:29 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Ah, but Sir, who wants to spend their time and resources doing this? That is why I suggested paying with Amex. They will dispute the charge BEFORE you can complete the call and let him get in touch with you.

I had an issue and I told Amex that the guy wouldn't take it back. The shop was down the street. Amex said to put it on his table. I got pissed and told them that they need to understand that he won't take it back. Their reply was that they don't need to understand me on that or words to that effect. All they need to know is that I placed it on his counter and they can continue with the dispute.
I agree, dispute the charge if this goes on too long. Last time I considered disputed a charge I was told it can take 30 days, luckily the company came though (hardly) and I didn't have to fight them over it anymore...
Old 08-10-2017, 11:37 PM
CaliC4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My biggest problem was that i can see the facebook message says he read it. He was logged in as I was messaging him.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:46 PM
aklim
Team Owner

No idea how someone has any ability to see that another party opened an email... Even if you could see that I REALLY doubt it's accurate...

I consider this a little extreme. Expecting an instant reply is ludicrous BUT I will agree 48 hours is more than enough time for ANY business to get back to a customer. Sure it could be extenuating circumstances but CaliC4 knew this guy could be a flake before hand so idk what to say here...

Me personally I would give a seller probably 4 days to respond. After that if I got nothing I would send a message threatening to start a dispute (or in this case call the police). If I didn't hear anything 24 hours after that I would go forward with my plan.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's much that can be done about an internet purchase probably in another state. The police are not going to track this guy down over $100....

Good luck to you CaliC4, hopefully the guy comes through. If not then DESTROY his reputation online and hopefully you can help others avoid the mistake you made.
You send email and you can request a "read receipt". Kinda tells you when it was opened.

You can say anything about me you want but I do make sure I keep up my end of the transaction as much as I can. 2 days before an auction ends, the item is boxed up. On the day it ends, it is sealed since I won't be taking any more photos once sold. Regardless, I make sure I am able to respond to the status of the transaction within hours of end and keep you informed. Once it gets to the shipper, my end is done. I am VERY STRICT about that.

Why send him a paper tiger? Just call Amex and yank the charge.

Just like the snake oil peddlers, scammers also know that you won't pursue charges because it would be logistically difficult.

Won't matter. The low price will tempt others into thinking that they can beat the odds this time. Scammers have been doing that since the first Ponzi scheme to Bernie Madoff with his "Double Strike Formula" that wins in every market returning a solid teen gain. Why wouldn't you want to hitch onto an "always win" scheme? At the end, people are often surprised that they cannot dance with the devil and come out with a whole skin. Hopefully for CaliC4 it isn't the case but that is what cheap is about. Something is wanting. That is why I can't afford to buy something that is way too cheap. If everyone charges $100 and you want $20, I probably can't afford you.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:47 PM
aklim
Team Owner

I agree, dispute the charge if this goes on too long. Last time I considered disputed a charge I was told it can take 30 days, luckily the company came though (hardly) and I didn't have to fight them over it anymore...
What card? Amex is always good about dealing with scams. Other cards you may have to start a dispute and wait. Amex gives me credit until I am proven guilty.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 PM
aklim
Team Owner

My biggest problem was that i can see the facebook message says he read it. He was logged in as I was messaging him.
Look, I hate to do the "blame the victim" but you bought from a company with no web site, just a Facebook site that has a bad rep and it was cheaper than other tuners. Did you expect top notch service? PCMFORLESS has a better rep for tune guessing. This guy has a shill that was called out. A couple other posts about how he works BADLY. I sure as hell would not work with him but if I had to, NFW would I give you a paypal note. I'd want you to take it from my Amex. If you cannot, you are probably too small or a fly by night company that I would want to work with.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:38 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

If you don't get anywhere with this guy try solomon. Real nice guy and does good work like I said.

I took this snapshot directly from his site. It shows options and it sure looks like he does the older TPI chips as they are an option in the list.

His prices are fair AND he gets back to you usually the same day.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:27 PM
CaliC4
Advanced

If you don't get anywhere with this guy try solomon. Real nice guy and does good work like I said.

I took this snapshot directly from his site. It shows options and it sure looks like he does the older TPI chips as they are an option in the list.

Ya Im starting to wish I did not give this guy the benefit of the doubt. he said it only take about 5 - 7 days money guaranteed if not. Well Ill give him until monday. If he cant even respond with a tracking number, it wont be good for him
Old 08-11-2017, 04:36 PM
HM2
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya Im starting to wish I did not give this guy the benefit of the doubt. he said it only take about 5 - 7 days money guaranteed if not. Well Ill give him until monday. If he cant even respond with a tracking number, it wont be good for him
For what it's worth, I did finally receive my adapter that I was waiting for this week. Over a month after I paid for the stuff, and yet it came from a different company in another state.... not what I was led to believe on the initial purchase.
I wanted to be fair and let it be known that the order was fulfilled.... not the I'll be using the chip.

As far as a tracking #, I asked a couple times (when he would answer his phone) and never received one. So I wish you luck

Last edited by HM2; 08-11-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added tracking info
Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

What will I gain with 'The Solomon Tune' (92 LT1 Auto)?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cool Runnings
What will I gain with 'The Solomon Tune' (92 LT1 Auto)?
Whatever solomon thinks he can get. Ask him, asking us is worthless. Customer testimonials on his site say faster throttle response, good idle, mileage increases and better seat of the pants power.

Two of my buddies are using his tune with good results. One of the 2 is running a mild bolt on 93' LT1 in a Trans Am. When I say mild I mean Headers back exhaust and a K&N filter in the ram air hood.

Last edited by v8vette84; 08-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom chips?

Old 08-12-2017, 01:46 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Whatever solomon thinks he can get. Ask him, asking us is worthless. Customer testimonials on his site say faster throttle response, good idle, mileage increases and better seat of the pants power.

Two of my buddies are using his tune with good results. One of the 2 is running a mild bolt on 93' LT1 in a Trans Am. When I say mild I mean Headers back exhaust and a K&N filter in the ram air hood.
I don't place much, if any faith in testimonials simply because nobody has 100% client satisfaction and they offer only that on any site. SOTP performance? See above. All I look for is a dyno sheet. Secondly, opnions from disinterested parties as to your behavior.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:47 AM
CaliC4
Advanced

Still no response from this guy. I think it's safe to say he's a scam.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Still no response from this guy. I think it's safe to say he's a scam.
Why wait? Yank the credit card.

Quick Reply: Custom chips?