C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Front rotor and pad recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 PM
ScottEwine
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Front rotor and pad recommendations

I replaced the tires on the `92 and it seems it is time for new rotors and pads, I am not looking for anything fancy, just want something reliable and a good value. The rears have quite a bit left in them so I will just do the front for now.

Thanks, Scott
Old 10-07-2017, 03:52 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Had good luck with regular old Wagners/typical parts house stuff.
The fancy stuff, maybe it works good on a track hated them on the street.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Purple92
Melting Slicks

Received 786 Likes on 541 Posts

There are lots and lots of good brake pads out there - do a search on brake pads in this section of the forum and you'll find enough posts to keep you up all night reading.

Generally speaking - I normally pick between Wagner, Raybestos and Bendix for pads for "daily drivers". All of them have been making brake friction material for decades, and all have several "lines" of pads. Spend a few minutes looking at their PR info about what the "better" pads give you over the cheaper lines. Again - in general - brake pads are not my favorite place to try to save a few bucks.

As for rotors there are a lot of very poor quality rotors out there - most rotors are now made in China, and paying more doesn't guarantee anything other than a larger bill. Last set of rotors I bought for my C4 came from GM (through an Internet Chevy dealer that discounts parts).

Get notified of new replies

To Front rotor and pad recommendations

Quick Reply: Front rotor and pad recommendations