C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ecm

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Thomas Pope
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecm

I have a 88 vette , is there a way to check to see if the ecm is working properly? a bit of history 88 vette , it wo,t start , i bypassed the key and starter enable , installed a chip from pcm in the ecm , still wont start , at time of engine cranking i get 45lbs of fuel at fuel rail, so i guess what i am askin is , is there a way to test the ecm and make sure the chip connected to the prom chip is working? i am guessing my next course of action is a noid light on the injectors to see if they are pulsing?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

There is no gizmo that will tell you ecm has failed. DTCs will set for most ecm errors. There are codes for mem cals. It's possible to damage either or both improperly installing and removing them. The same goes for ecm connectors. The factory service manuals have charts to guide you through over 90% of conditions you are likely to have. I have been hit and miss with aftermarket rebuilt ecms.

Quick Reply: ecm