C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Sparco steering wheel in c4

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 05:59 PM
Avery_Filbert
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sparco steering wheel in c4

I have a C3 corvette and the steering wheel is fine... but my brother has a C4 corvette and in my opinion the steering wheel doesn't fit the car. With Christmas coming up I really want to get him a new steering wheel, I'm thinking the Sparco R 383 (here's the link https://www.sparcousa.com/r-383)
2 questions, first, would the horn still work with the new wheel because he wouldn't want it if it didn't work
second, would a suede wheel be good to daily or would it last a long time (kinda a stupid question but i have very limited experience with suede)
Thanks -Avery
Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Avery_Filbert
I have a C3 corvette and the steering wheel is fine... but my brother has a C4 corvette and in my opinion the steering wheel doesn't fit the car. With Christmas coming up I really want to get him a new steering wheel, I'm thinking the Sparco R 383 (here's the link https://www.sparcousa.com/r-383)
2 questions, first, would the horn still work with the new wheel because he wouldn't want it if it didn't work
second, would a suede wheel be good to daily or would it last a long time (kinda a stupid question but i have very limited experience with suede)
Thanks -Avery
Year of the C4 is important as the adapter is very different, also for '90 and newer there's SIR (AIR BAG) to consider. After-market for '90+ requires defeating/deleting SIR.

Horn generally isn't an issue -
Old 12-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I have a Sparco with a Grant quick release hub in my '90, but I wasnt too concerned about keeping a horn or airbag...

You can get horn buttons for the center of some wheels and wire them to the existing horn in the column. Or add a horn button to one of the wheel spokes. The Airbag wires you just have to tuck inside the column out of harms way.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Avery_Filbert
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Year of the C4 is important as the adapter is very different, also for '90 and newer there's SIR (AIR BAG) to consider. After-market for '90+ requires defeating/deleting SIR.

Horn generally isn't an issue -
its a 95
Old 12-01-2017, 10:58 AM
hilflos
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In regard to the suede / alcantara steering wheels. I daily drive with one in my Camaro. I love it. It feels good, isn't too warm in the hot weather, definitely not cold in the Winter.

Keeping it clean isn't really an issue. I make sure my hands are cleanish before I get in the car, and a little interior detailer and a microfibre cloth is all it takes when I'm cleaning the interior of the car. Going back and forth, toward the front of the car and back of the car, and all the way around the circumference of the wheel both, keeps the fibers standing up.

Had it a couple years now, and it still looks new.

Well timed thread in general, for me, as I was thinking about a new steering wheel for my C4 on the way into work this morning.
The following users liked this post:
Avery_Filbert (12-01-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Sparco steering wheel in c4

Quick Reply: Sparco steering wheel in c4