C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Instrument cluster circuit board schematic

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:00 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Instrument cluster circuit board schematic

Does anyone have a schematic of the instrument cluster circuit board? Not the FM info that just shows where the wires go with some rudimentary symbols but the actual schematic that has part values for resistors caps etc? I have the chip from Batee installed and works just fine for the tach. I can't get my oil temperature gauge to work properly no matter what I do. I have a new sensor and it reads the same as the old one hot or cold as far as ohms go but the gauge does not work correctly. Is it possible there is more than 1 3 pin temp sensor that fits and the parts stores have the replacement sensor wrong for a '91.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ddahlgren
Does anyone have a schematic of the instrument cluster circuit board? Not the FM info that just shows where the wires go with some rudimentary symbols but the actual schematic that has part values for resistors caps etc? I have the chip from Batee installed and works just fine for the tach.
Batee cannot support you on this?
Old 02-07-2018, 03:28 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

I've never seen a schematic for the '90+ clusters but they're essentially parts that were assembled to the printed circuit board. The tach was a module, the gauge pack another module and someone back in '02 - '06 actually sold the modules. I recall them and likely have the information on an old PC.

You could have a printed circuit issue like maybe what corrects the tach calibration OR maybe it's actually just the gauge pack. I had a couple clusters and sold the modules to people that had broken pointers off of theirs when attempting to 0 them etc.

The modules would have been in the hands of the 'service centers' that did/do cluster repairs. They would also have maybe the PC schematic.

Maybe Bryan has a relationship with a facility that could help you.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:30 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I've never seen a schematic for the '90+ clusters but they're essentially parts that were assembled to the printed circuit board. The tach was a module, the gauge pack another module and someone back in '02 - '06 actually sold the modules. I recall them and likely have the information on an old PC.

You could have a printed circuit issue like maybe what corrects the tach calibration OR maybe it's actually just the gauge pack. I had a couple clusters and sold the modules to people that had broken pointers off of theirs when attempting to 0 them etc.

The modules would have been in the hands of the 'service centers' that did/do cluster repairs. They would also have maybe the PC schematic.

Maybe Bryan has a relationship with a facility that could help you.
Everything tests ok according Brians test list and gauges do respond correctly by that but when I connect a new sensor It does not seem to move correctly.I will double check the wiring for continuity and if ok it is what it is. A new sensor has the same ohms reading as the one in the engine so will send that back to local parts store.

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument cluster circuit board schematic

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster circuit board schematic