C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Know where to do this???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:51 AM
GSjoe
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Know where to do this???

I've stumbled across a Mass Storage Cartridge (P/N 3000003) as a part of a recent online purchase, but when I put it in my MasterTech 3100 it says there's nothing on that cartridge. Does anyone know where I can get this storage device uploaded with the latest programs? I think the last dealer update was around 1991, and I know my local Chevrolet dealer cannot help me.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

The last updates would have been 97-98 after the TECH 2 came out. Vectronix /Bosche maybe able to help. Other possible would be if a GM tech ended up with an old dealer pc that TIS was loaded on. He would be someone who does a lot of side work or maybe was a shop foreman in the late 90s-05. In 2000 GM went online and that piece of equipment would have been phased out. I would try it in a Tech 1 to be sure it was erased.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:14 PM
GSjoe
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevova
The last updates would have been 97-98 after the TECH 2 came out. Vectronix /Bosche maybe able to help. Other possible would be if a GM tech ended up with an old dealer pc that TIS was loaded on. He would be someone who does a lot of side work or maybe was a shop foreman in the late 90s-05. In 2000 GM went online and that piece of equipment would have been phased out. I would try it in a Tech 1 to be sure it was erased.
OK, thanks for your reply. I'll attempt to follow your suggestions. My friend has the old Tech 1 that I gave him when I got the MasterTech. I'll first try the cartridge in that piece of equipment, as that's easily accessed.

Get notified of new replies

To Know where to do this???

Quick Reply: Know where to do this???