C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

After market vs OEM rear hub washers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:58 PM
straycatt
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default After market vs OEM rear hub washers

There had been a question in another thread wondering about the quality of the Teflon coated washers, in this case from CorvetteCentral. Well, I received mine the first of the week and got some time tonight to tear into the rear end of my 93.

I got just one side done, but here is the washers side by side. I could discern no appreciable difference between the OEM and aftermarket, other than the finish. But not knowing exactly how the factory part looked when it was new...that doesn't count for much. I checked thickness, and they both measured pretty much the same.

I found the factory washer (since this car has just 21k miles on the clock, I'm reasonably sure the old parts are factory) in such good shape, I couldn't see any reason to not just coat it with a little grease and reinstall it. Save the new washers for later....

The following 5 users liked this post by straycatt:
1984Z51auto (03-16-2018), hcbph (03-17-2018), JimLentz (03-16-2018), MatthewMiller (03-16-2018), Red 91 (03-16-2018)

Quick Reply: After market vs OEM rear hub washers