C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 02:56 AM
StealDads67
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Hey Guys... Whenever I shoot the NOS, the car bucks and isnt smooth at all... Its as though the bottle is low or its got air in the system.... What should I do... The bottle def isnt full.. but its got some in there.... And when It does shot, it doesnt really feel like a 150 shot...... SHould I get a purge valve??? Is it bad tto not use one... I don tknow much about NOS.. i got the kit for free..... Never really a fan of the stuff... but it was free... And info would be great.. I know the basics and stuff.... Any little secrets to it i should know.... tips??? Stuff makes me nervous
Old 10-21-2002, 04:23 AM
HR383
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!! (StealDads67)

check your wiring.....clean you nitrous filter.... check system for proper operation.....start with basiscs
Old 10-21-2002, 10:29 AM
SloRvette
Drifting

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!! (HR383)

check your wiring.....clean you nitrous filter.... check system for proper operation.....start with basiscs
Then after you do all of the above, add a purge. Then take the car to a chassis dyno and work on dialing the system in. Before you go, get jets 2 and 4 numbers smaller than what you've got for fuel jets now. If you're already spraying 150 hp, I'd also get NOS jets 2 numbers lower than what you've got. I'd also tune on a full bottle. That way you'll know you're safely rich as bottle pressure drops.

A bottle warmer is important for consistancy.

Use W/B 02 readings, but also check the plugs. NOS can play tricks with W/B's. A friend broke 7 out of 8 pistons running 12:1 A/F measured with a W/B. It was actually leaner than that.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:40 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!! (SloRvette)

Are you running a fuel pressure safety cut off switch? My adjustable one was set too high and it did pulse when I went up to a 150 shot. A little turn of the screw fixed that right up for me, but I'm running a Warblo 255LPH pump. On the stock pump you might be getting close to maxing it out.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:32 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Tune tune tune. Get a scanner on it and get to a dyno. You don't want to blow your engine do you? Do it right. I've done some Diacom runs onmy car and still have not tried more than a 50 shot 4 times so far because I haven't yet gotten the WBO2 onto the car to check it out completely.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:42 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!! (mn_vette)

Are you running a fuel pressure safety cut off switch? My adjustable one was set too high and it did pulse when I went up to a 150 shot. A little turn of the screw fixed that right up for me, but I'm running a Warblo 255LPH pump. On the stock pump you might be getting close to maxing it out.
This was going to be my sugestion as well.

I have a light inside the cockpit that illuminates when the system is firing so I know when it is really on or off.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:17 PM
TreyZ28
Melting Slicks

Default Re: (scorp508)

Tune tune tune. Get a scanner on it and get to a dyno. You don't want to blow your engine do you? Do it right. I've done some Diacom runs onmy car and still have not tried more than a 50 shot 4 times so far because I haven't yet gotten the WBO2 onto the car to check it out completely.
scorp your mistaken VERY much so...
hes only praying for a blown motor.
he already built me a stroker-
now he wants one
this is the way it goes with us
I got my first car (subaru)
he got a v6 camaro
I got Z28
he got L98 vette
i got long tubes, catback and gears
he got nitrous
i got stroked AND nitrous :reddevil

we need to stop communicating before were broke with top fuel dragsters :rolleyes: :cool:

but hey-
always a good time :cheers: (even if i have to come pick you up because the cops are- ehh never mind)
:smash: <---- your judge in 6 months

[Modified by TreyZ28, 1:18 AM 10/23/2002]
Old 10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
TreyZ28
Melting Slicks

Default Re: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!! (StealDads67)

I hope to God its the nitrous soliniod you stole frome me :boxing :cuss
Old 10-23-2002, 09:44 PM
StealDads67
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (TreyZ28)

Hahaha... Trey your a mess.... And Yes guys... I did steal his N2O solednoid..... SUCKER!!!!

Don worry... Ill beat you.... Dont worry... The motor may blow after the run... but it shall happen, just you wait buddy... dont forget, i built your motor! :D
Old 10-23-2002, 11:15 PM
TreyZ28
Melting Slicks

Default Re: (StealDads67)

forget?
you thinki i'm using my cellphone minutes to call you because i want to date you? i just want my damn car!

Get notified of new replies

To NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Quick Reply: NOS PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!