C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Transmission cable?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:21 PM
Jim84
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
Default Transmission cable?

I have this cable I can't figure out. Looks like the one end hooks up by the shifter, don't know where the other end goes. The cable only has a short pull range, so I don't see how it would go to the shifter which has a much longer range. I DO have the shifter cable hooked up to the transmission(the one that actually shifts the gears) Just can't figure this one out.
Thanks
Jim
Old 07-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

Jim, welcome to the Corvette Forum! It's always a good idea to mention what year Corvette you're working with.

That cable is for the steering column lock. If you have an '84 (as your "handle" implies), there's a picture of it in your FSM (Factory Service/Shop Manual) pg. 7A1-2. You do have an FSM, don't you?

The following users liked this post:
Jim84 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Jim84
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy
Jim, welcome to the Corvette Forum! It's always a good idea to mention what year Corvette you're working with.

That cable is for the steering column lock. If you have an '84 (as your "handle" implies), there's a picture of it in your FSM (Factory Service/Shop Manual) pg. 7A1-2. You do have an FSM, don't you?

no, just a Haynes book.
Does that one end in the first pic go there at the shifter?
Now that you mentioned it, I think I know where the other end goes on the column.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission cable?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission cable?