C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Another TPMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:48 PM
CaptianJ
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Another TPMS Question

Sorry to ask but- I'm putting C5 magnesium wheels on my 1989 Roadster and I'm nut sure if I'll need TPMS sensors? I've read varying stories here that not all 89 models came with it... or if all of them are removed that there will be no warning light.. Anyone have a solid bit of info I could go on? Thanks all.

cheers- J
Old 08-01-2018, 08:24 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptianJ
Sorry to ask but- I'm putting C5 magnesium wheels on my 1989 Roadster and I'm nut sure if I'll need TPMS sensors? I've read varying stories here that not all 89 models came with it... or if all of them are removed that there will be no warning light.. Anyone have a solid bit of info I could go on? Thanks all.

cheers- J
Does the SPID LABEL show the UJ6 option? If it doesn't I believe it safe to assume the car doesn't have. Make sure SPID VIN matches the windshield VIN.

If the option is present then - does the 2 light function work as expected @ 'KEY ON'? If there's 'no option' and no lights then I believe you've got it figured out. If you've doubts see the FSM.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 08-01-2018 at 09:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CaptianJ (08-04-2018)
Old 08-04-2018, 08:42 PM
CaptianJ
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No "UJ6" code = no problemo! Thanks man!

cheers- J

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Does the SPID LABEL show the UJ6 option? If it doesn't I believe it safe to assume the car doesn't have. Make sure SPID VIN matches the windshield VIN.

If the option is present then - does the 2 light function work as expected @ 'KEY ON'? If there's 'no option' and no lights then I believe you've got it figured out. If you've doubts see the FSM.

Get notified of new replies

To Another TPMS Question

Quick Reply: Another TPMS Question