C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Torched a wire on my headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
jmgtp
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Torched a wire on my headers

My 94 was running beautifully one moment and then it lost a lung, running on 7 cylinders for certain. I limped it home, about 8 miles, popped the hood and found the wire for #2 melting on the header. Whatever, things happen and this is minor, I can’t be upset!

The tricky part - I run the LTCC system with LS1 coils mounted to the rocker covers (tall Canton fabbed aluminum). So I can’t just go to the store or online and buy a set, I need custom length.

The LS1 wires look too short for my setup, otherwise that would be an easy solution. As I recall, and it’s been 8 or so years, when I installed the LTCC I used a set of LT1 AC Delco wires and cut them to the length needed. The ends that fit on the Opti were correct for mating to the LS1 coils - but this was a long time ago, can anyone confirm my memory? Are the LT1 wires (Opti end) the same connector as the LS1 coil pack? If so, seems like the easy thing to do is get an LT1 set which I know is way too long, cut them to length, and only have to worry about crimping one end for the spark plug.

Quick Reply: Torched a wire on my headers