C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

YAHOO! Tranny fixed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 10:08 PM
LaVidaLoca
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default YAHOO! Tranny fixed.

Got the car back from the shop and it runs really sweet now. This is a car that was badly mistreated. Turns out the tranny had a TransGo shift kit put in. But it was done incorrectly and the holes drilled in the valve assy were in the wrong place. It was also calibrated wrong for the rear end in the car. What was the guy thinking? Anyway it shifted 1-2 at 8 mph and 2-3 either clunked, shifted at 60 mph or not at all. OD did not exist and TC lockup was screwed up.

Got a new updated pump made for the 88 700R4, new updated valve assy, and a couple of other fixes that GM came out with. Runs like a champ now. Does wonders for performance when you shift and stay in the power curve.

BTW; I knew there were serious problems with it when I bought it. Just took another $1000 off the price to offset the rebuild.

The only problem is; someone is going to have to slap this silly smile off my face. :yesnod:
Old 10-23-2002, 10:12 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: YAHOO! Tranny fixed. (LaVidaLoca)

:cheers:
Old 10-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 10-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Lone Ranger
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently had major work done on the 4L60E in my '95. New pump, and some other things done. Made a big difference in how the car feels. More responsive now. Congrats on your newfound performance! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To YAHOO! Tranny fixed.

Quick Reply: YAHOO! Tranny fixed.