C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Engine code 13 came up

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 06:48 PM
85 CRVET
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Engine code 13 came up

I drove the corvette out in the country for a while and the check engine light came on. It only comes on if it is driven for a while like 10 miles. I checked the code with the key think autozone gave me and it came up 32 and 13 so I reset it by disconnecting the battery for 20 seconds and drove a while again. It came on after a while of driving again and now it says code 13. What do you think would be the best way to fix it? It came up after I got a new exhaust which is 2.5” true duals without cats for now until I get them with long tube headers sometime. I didn’t think no catalytic converters could cause this since it is an 85 so I wondered what you guys thought about it, thanks.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:05 PM
85 CRVET
Pro

I checked what that code is and it says “oxygen sensor circuit.” Do you think the oxygen sensor should be replaced or could it be the wiring when they installed the new exhaust? I wouldn’t think it’s just because it has no cats right now is it?
Old 09-02-2018, 02:07 AM
85 CRVET
Pro

So do you guys think I should replace the oxygen sensor then? From what I have read it works most of the time and doesn’t seem that hard but I figured I would see what you thought about it first. Would you suggest buying the Bosch one or the ACDelco professional one, I also found one from corvettemods.com but I don’t think it has the right plug in from what I seen of it.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:14 PM
85 CRVET
Pro

Ok, thank you for responding. I just wanted to make sure someone else thought it was the o2 sensor before I bought it. I already have some anti-seize I bought for spark plugs so I will put that on it and make sure not to put it too tight. I have heard that if you let the engine warm for 1 minute that will make it lose enough to break it lose then you will be able to get it out of there.

Last edited by 85 CRVET; 09-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:30 AM
85 CRVET
Pro

I just got the o2 sensor at the house and couldn’t find the sensor location. So I jacked up the car and got under it just to find that there isn’t an o2 sensor spot on the new exhaust the shop put on. I found the purple wire and nothing is plugged into it. How is that even possible, I thought the light would constantly be on and it would idle horrible if that was the case?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by 85 CRVET
I just got the o2 sensor at the house and couldn’t find the sensor location. So I jacked up the car and got under it just to find that there isn’t an o2 sensor spot on the new exhaust the shop put on. I found the purple wire and nothing is plugged into it. How is that even possible, I thought the light would constantly be on and it would idle horrible if that was the case?
The O2 sensor typically has to warm up to output voltage so the computer likely doesn't care it isn't getting signal right after you start it. The car is running in open loop which is OK, but not as efficient as it should be if the O2 sensor were working and it could go into closed loop.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine code 13 came up

Quick Reply: Engine code 13 came up